Yahoo e-mail privacy
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Yahoo e-mail privacy

Exclamation Yahoo e-mail privacy

Yahoo Shuts Down Mail Classic, Forces Switch To New Version That Scans Your Emails To Target Ads

Starting the week of June 3rd, tomorrow, Yahoo is discontinuing Mail Classic. It’s requiring all Mail users to switch to the new version of Mail and accept a TOS/Privacy Policy update that lets it scan emails to “deliver product features, relevant advertising, and abuse protection”. You can opt out of the ads, but if you don’t want to be scanned, you have to ditch Yahoo Mail...

Yahoo bluntly tells users who refuse its new policies that they should either download their mail to another IMAP client, or close their account.

Click HERE
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Interesting Might have to keep a closer watch on my "Junk email Account". I use Yahoo Email for that purpose.
    486 CPU/32MB Memory/Windows 3.11(it rocks!) Sigh.........the good ol Days........

I'm using yahoo for many years now because of which I'm not able to switch on to other providers although Gmail is my #1 choice and for others too I believe. Yahoo sends my important mails to spam and sometimes all spam mails to my inbox. Yahoo do sucks, let me tell you, they will have to shut down their company sometime. You'll see that!

Another article,

Yahoo Mail redesign becomes permanent, privacy issues surface

Yahoo officially put the old interface for Yahoo Mail to rest Monday.

But the company's new webmail look isn’t the only change that users will have to get used to. Users will have to consider conditions in the service’s privacy agreement that allows Yahoo to scan their email so the search company can insert targeted ads.

However, users may opt out of targeted ads in their Yahool Mail at the little known Ad Interest Manager page...

That practice isn’t a Yahoo exclusive. Gmail also does that routinely—a practice that Microsoft has condemned...

Full story available at the following link,
    Click HERE
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information