[RESOLVED] can I set up another wireless router in a different point in my home
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: [RESOLVED] can I set up another wireless router in a different point in my home

Hybrid View

Thumbs up [RESOLVED] can I set up another wireless router in a different point in my home

I would like to set up another router in another room in my house. My current wireless is in a room in the back of the house, but I would like to be able to turn on a wireless router from the kitchen even though there is no computer there. There is a ethernet cable in the kitchen though. Can someone give me some advice, if I am not clear I will try to explain with what I need to add.
    Sylvia Hayes

"I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thanks for the link, I did solve my problem though last night. I didn't really explain why I wanted a second router, but will do so here and explain how I solved it. I wanted to have a router in our bedroom because we have an internet radio that we use as our alarm and I thought the wireless router had to be in the room near my modem and wired router. The reason I thought this is because my Cisco router would only allow me to access the settings when the router was plugged directly from the computer I set it up on and I was hoping to get one near the internet radio thinking that might solve it. But I was online last night doing searches and found that the router can be moved anywhere in the house once it has been setup. Plus I like to shut off the wireless when I am not in need of it. So after a little thought I found out I had all I needed to move the wireless router to the bedroom. We have cable going to 3 bedrooms and the kitchen as well as down the basement, plus I recently bought a wireless adapter that I use on another small computer in our computer room also known as the third bedroom, so when I want to access the settings from the computer it was set up on, I just need to plug in the adapter and I can go to the settings for the Cisco router. I have my Cisco router plugged into a plug-in switch which makes it easy to shut off the router when I don't want to run it. We have a netbook computer and an android device, not a phone just a tablet and that is why I started using wireless in the first place. So for right now I have it the way I want it, and thank you Shinma for the link I want to keep that and look at it better for future use.

--
    Sylvia
    Sylvia Hayes

Good you got it sorted out.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information