Adobe’s Creative Suite is dead
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Adobe’s Creative Suite is dead

Exclamation Adobe’s Creative Suite is dead

Adobe’s Creative Suite is dead, long live the Creative Cloud

It's the end of the line for boxed versions of Photoshop, InDesign, and the rest.

Adobe's Creative Suite and the applications that make it up—Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Premiere, and a host of others—have been staples of many professional toolboxes for almost a decade now. The full suite itself has been available since September of 2003, and many of its applications have a history that reach back even further. Today at its MAX conference, however, Adobe announced a major shift in strategy for the software: boxed versions, along with their perpetual licenses, will no longer be available for any Adobe software newer than CS6. Going forward, subscribing to Adobe's Creative Cloud service will be the only way to upgrade your software...

Full story,
    Click HERE
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I guess CS6 will be my last version.

They should also add microtranactions. Want to crop your photo - $.05. Upload website - $.25.

Think of all the $$$.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

As a user of Creative Cloud since January, I actually have no issue at all with this.
    For less than $50 a month, having access to almost all of CS6 and two licenses (one for home and one for work) is well worth it.

Especially with volume licensing, it ends up a great deal less expensive than the boxed version, not to mention the less painful upgrade cycle.

And no, it's fully-featured software with no micro-transactions, at least they had the decency to not copy that from the gaming market

However, I would not really want to use this model with Office or an OS. This just speaks of how outrageously priced Adobe's boxed software is.
    Last edited by equinoxe3d; May 7th, 2013 at 07:53 PM.

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

Thread Information