Patent trolls
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Patent trolls

Hybrid View

Smile Patent trolls

Feds may use subpoena powers to study patent trolls
    FTC can crack open secret patent deals to learn about a shadowy business.

Last December, the Federal Trade Commission held a workshop about patent trolls; dozens of corporations, interest groups, and individuals have now submitted public comments about the issue.

In the past week, it's become clearer than ever that government interest in the issue is growing, not fading. Two key FTC directors revealed at a legal conference last week that they're in favor of opening up a so-called 6(b) investigation about whether or not patent trolls, which the FTC calls "patent assertion entities," are stifling competition. That would allow the FTC to use its subpoena powers to collect information that's not available to academics, journalists, and others who write about patent troll activities...

Full article,
    Click HERE
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Then there's the question of whether there should be software patents at all. Don't hold your breath. Some patents like the "rectangle with rounded corners" and "slide to unlock" demonstrate that reform should begin at the US Patent Office.

About time. And I agree with a full blown reform, I wish Apple gets slapped so hard by this that Cook wakes up a week after

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

"I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information