What's the deal with Savage? What about AOpen video cards?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: What's the deal with Savage? What about AOpen video cards?

What's the deal with Savage? What about AOpen video cards?

This group seems to be dominatied by TNT and VooDoo and probably rightly so. It looks like the are the 2 hotest chip sets out there.

My question is "how does the S3-Savage fit into all of this?" I would be interested in your opinion of the Savage. Hopefully something more informative than 'they suck'.

In general, has anybody had any experience with AOpen video cards. AOpen makes a Savage that's available pretty cheap. My computing needs are somewhat general; I'm not a hardcore gamer. I expect the Savage to be fast even if it's not the fastest; so my main concerns are stable drivers and a good video control utility.

Opinions?

Savage 4 doesn't suck, it is just a card there is nothing special about. In term of fill rate, the Savage 4 is no compare to either TNT-2 or Voodoo3, in term of texture quality & 32bit rendering, the Matrox G400 is vast superior to Savage 4, (TNT-2 in general has slightly better texture qulity compare to Savage 4, the Savage4 Pro is probably a low end alternative to Voodoo3 2000 (if u prefer texture quality & 32-bit rendering more than frame rate), while TNT-2 is compete with Voodoo3 3000/3500 at high-end.

------------------
    GyX

Thread Information