Program to Recover Data from Corrupted/Damaged Hard Drive
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Program to Recover Data from Corrupted/Damaged Hard Drive

Program to Recover Data from Corrupted/Damaged Hard Drive

I am looking for a program to recover data from a hard drive that is damaged/corrupted. Do you guys have any recommendations for a free-ware program?

Thanks

Depends on how damaged you mean. Freebies might not cut it, but here are a couple.

http://www.pcinspector.de/default.htm?language=1
    http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Power Data Recovery is the best software which I found best for data recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBarkley View Post
    Power Data Recovery is the best software which I found best for data recovery.
    The free version is only good for 1GB.

** Removed. We don't talk about that type of software. **

That's why backups are your best friends. Sorry ggalv, hope you get your data back.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

recuva is very good... but if you're certain the the drive is dead then you need an expert recovery help.

Ontrack.com - They can get expen$ive but, if you "gotta have" your data back ...
    Doc

____________http://www.microsoft.com/security____________
    \____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
    \_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
    \_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
    \_______/

I know this thread is a little bit old. But, I still want to share my opinions with you.
    As I know, a hard drive is often damaged logically or mechanically.
    The logically damaged drive often can be repaired after re-formatting and the contained data also could be restored with the help of data recovery program.
    However, oppositely, the physically damaged drive often cannot be fixed and the stored data is also gone with the physical drive.

So, disconnect this drive to your computer and use a data recovery program to take a chance.
    In order to avoid data recovery failure, you’d better not save anything else on the same drive. Anything new on the same drive could rewrite your inaccessible data and make it gone permanently.

And then, select a proper data recovery program to retrieve your inaccessible data back. I know there are some drive data recovery freeware available online, such as Recuva, TestDisk and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

If this really makes no difference, consulting an expert for help as soon as possible could be a really good way to go.

Good luck!

I suggest you give a try to the free recovery software which helps recover data from formatted hard drive I used before,it's recommendded by one of my friends , I can till remember how panic I was when I suddenly last all the data and files,fortunately,it helps me find all them back ,you can find it here , http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywi...-partition.htm .I think you can have a try ,hope it can helps you too!

Thumbs up

If the HDD is dead and not spinning, we may try replace the exact same type HDD chip board and try to load the HDD and slave the drive to get the data back.
    If there is anything wrong inside the HDD physically such as control arm or heads, we need expert to get the HDD working again.
    This is going to cost money, unless the data is very important, mostly just change a new HDD is more affordable.

Hope this helps.
    Bill
    Tech Manager, WPTinc.
    Last edited by PcTestCard.com; December 5th, 2013 at 02:01 AM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by PcTestCard.com View Post

If the HDD is dead and not spinning, we may try replace the exact same type HDD chip board and try to load the HDD and slave the drive to get the data back.
    1) Who's "we"?

2) Swapping boards on today's drives doesn't work.
    Doc

____________http://www.microsoft.com/security____________
    \____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
    \_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
    \_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
    \_______/

I think that recovering data isn't always possible, therefore I try to make backups very often.

Try Remo Recover application … that let you restore all data from damaged or corrupted hard drives …

You may want to try Recuva - it's free. However it's not as powerful as paid software. The best one is Ontrack Easy Recovery, but it's quite expensive. The cheapest edition is Easy Recovery Home.

Thread Information