Passpoint Express Communication - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passpoint Express Communication

When I tried to Load and Run Passpoint Plus on my XP PC, it worked, OK. There must be something about Vista. Then I brought my XP PC from home to the job site and I was able to connect to the panel. You were right about the Host ID Mismatch problem. Following your directions, I was able to reset the Host ID to FFFFF. Everything seemed to work, but when I tried to Enable some Disabled cards, or when I tried to Add new cards, those cards would not release the door strike. Instead, I get error messages that the card is not assigned to Account Group. Of all the cards I have, there is only one that releases the door strikes. I tried to Disable and then Enable that card and it responded as expected, so I know that I can control at least one card.
    My next step is to re-load Passpoint on to the original PC, but I don't see how that will make any difference. Do you have any suggestions as to what I must be doing wrong?
    Thanks, again!

Do you perhaps mean the cards are not assigned ACCESS groups? In the card database (Config, Cards, Browse Database), on the "Access" tab there is a place to assign up to 5 access groups. This is where the card is given permission to unlock certain doors at certain times. Going to the Access Groups configuration (Config, Access Groups) it's a reasonably straight forward set of tabs that show you which doors they have access to and what time for each group.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Thanks for your reply. The cards appear to be assigned, at least one Access Grp and when I look at what the Access Grps can do, it all appears to be set up, properly.
    I do not know if this has anything to do with my problem, but, at this time, I am connected, using my XP PC, from home. Using the same Account Name/Acct# from the original PC, I was able to download the data from the panel. So, I am working with the data that was downloaded from the panel. (I did not transfer any data from the original computer). The data appears to be the same. BTW, the original PC is a W98, not XP.
    Do you think that I can Load your Passpoint Plus CD right on top of the original Passpoint Express software?
    When I go back to the job site, I will photograph a couple screen shots, that seem to be involved, and send them to you.

I tried to open the link for the passpoint SW download. It works but the SW is Norton Ghost 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Flannel View Post
    It's possible the user you log onto the software with had limited visibility. If you aren'y already, try loggin in as the installer (default user name and password is "installer"). I've included photos just to make sure, here, and here. I also have a copy of PassPoint Plus as a disc image here. The software is virtually identical, so there's zero learning curve. The hardware is the same no matter which version of the software you're using. The Pass Point family is no longer listed on Honeywell's websight, but I've seen listings on the internet to buy parts.

It's a disc image. It can be mounted by a virtual CD drive program (I use Virtual CloneDrive), or you can use a CD burning program to burn it to a physical CD.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Flannel View Post

... or you can use a CD burning program to burn it to a physical CD.
    ... such as ISO Recorder (free).
    Doc

____________http://www.microsoft.com/security____________
    \____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
    \_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
    \_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
    \_______/

Thread Information