Passpoint Plus 2.10 issue - Passpoint not granting access to doors
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Passpoint Plus 2.10 issue - Passpoint not granting access to doors

Passpoint Plus 2.10 issue - Passpoint not granting access to doors

I have an old Passpoint Plus 2.10 application that runs on Windows XP. For the past couple of months a problem has been occurring. I can assign a card certain access and enable the card for use. It will work as expected. Then at some point, sometimes within 24 hours, the card does not permit access.

2/6/2013 7:42:33 AM ACCESS DENIED Access Point 2 Unknown Card REASON: Card Unknown.

This randomly happens to cards old and new.

The only event I noticed overnight was CARD EXP COUNTS BACK UP by System. I don't know what that mean or if it is related to the root cause of my problem.

The Exp counts has to do with Usage Expiration. You can set the card to expire and no longer work after a certain date or a certain number of uses. And it refreshes it's information every day. If you re download the card database, do they work again? Being that the system is not recognizing the cards, I'd be suspiciuos of a problem with the panels themselves. Because I believe that even if the cards are set to expire (you can check that on the Access tab in the card database), I do not think it actually deletes the card, just disables it. Do you have a problem with schedules? Doors that are supposed to unlock at a certain time that no longer does? There is a battery on the MLB which leads me to think the memory is volatile and if there's a power hiccup it might wipe it out. But I would think that would mean it would lose everything, but I could be wrong about that.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

So CARD EXP COUNTS BACK UP by System is a normal process to expire cards that are configed to expire that day?

We actually had a local company come out to look at the system and didn't find anything wrong. But you're thinking it may be bad boards?

This first started when one day the system was acting up where you couldn't get through certain doors at all. The root cause was that batteries had gone dead on two panels. The remainder panels need to have their batteries replaced because all the batteries were installed at the same time years ago, and we don't have a date of install written on the batteries. But ever since we will issue a card and then at some point soon after the card will not allow access and you will see this in the event viewer: ACCESS DENIED Access Point 2 Unknown Card REASON: Card Unknown.

Could this problem possibly be due to dying batteries on the other panels?

Well, the only panel that stores the card data is the MLB. It makes me wonder that people came out and didn't find anything wrong with the system losing cards. If they worked, they were in the panel's database. If it says Card Unknown, that means the card is no longer in the panel's database at least. Are you checking the cards after you add them in to make sure they are working at the doors? Try Downloading the card database and then retesting the card. Are you sure you have the correct Facility code and RCM code?
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Thread Information