[RESOLVED] weird information given by pc about current graphic card (Radeon HD6570)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: [RESOLVED] weird information given by pc about current graphic card (Radeon HD6570)

Thumbs up [RESOLVED] weird information given by pc about current graphic card (Radeon HD6570)

I recently purchase a RAdeon HD6570 , and notice that my pc is recognizing the video card as a different one? Has anyone encounter this situation before. I loaded the most recent catalyst software for the card and still windows 8 gives me information for a different video card, the information Im being given is for a more upgraded graphic card. I also noted that when I upgraded to this new card and went from 1 gig onboard to 2 gig , the different was not even significant as far as performance. I used to have a radeon HD4000 series with 1 gig on ram onboard. I was wondering if posible is my system, I just dont understand why i would go down on performance if I upgraded to a card with better specs, I do have to say this card came with a huge heat sink , no fan and the older one I had had a fan. Any comments will be appreciated .

I recently purchase a RAdeon HD6570 , and notice that my pc is recognizing the video card as a different one?
    What is the "different" card model?
    You can use GPU-Z to identify the card:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/

What model was the old card? More ram doesn't necessarily mean a faster card.

You can look at the benchmarks for both models at:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2...marks,135.html

Downloaded GPU-z and it came back that the card is indeed a Radeon HD7450, and not an HD6450 which is what I purchased. It does have the 2gig ddr3 and not 5887 as reported by windows, thanks. I am going to remove it and see what the makings on the video card reflect.

Quote Originally Posted by sclassfe
    I recently purchase a RAdeon HD6570 ... Downloaded GPU-z and it came back that the card is indeed a Radeon HD7450, and not an HD6450
    ?!
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information