Security software showdown!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Security software showdown!

Lightbulb Security software showdown!

May be of interest to some,

Security software showdown! 9 antivirus suites empirically tested

If you’re like a lot of people, when it comes time to renew your security software, you may ask yourself, “Do I really need to upgrade to the latest version?” The answer is yes. Keeping up-to-date is generally a good idea, as new threats surface constantly. And if you value mobile security or use a social network, this year’s crop of security suites is worth paying attention to.

An increasing number of security suites now feature special tools to help protect you on social networks—a growing target for spammers, scammers, and other parties who want to get at your personal information...

For full review,
    Click HERE
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I'm personally very suspicious of a test in an ad-supported publication that includes no free variants. And when I see Norton and McAfee rated higher than Avira, I'm very suspicious. A different test I saw some months ago had Avira near the top.

I stopped recommending Avira a while back, due to it's partnership with a questionable ad firm.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I'm doing fine with MS Security Essentials for a while now

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

I generally use/deal with F-Secure and Kaspersky at the moment.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I am using Avast Antivirus since a long time. Before this I have tried many antivirus software for my PC but all ruined. Just after installing Avast, I got satisfied because it gets updated automatically whenever you will be connected to internet. However similarly MS Security Essentials is also better software. Both are free and suits for home and professional users.

Thread Information