Seasonic G-550 review
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Seasonic G-550 review

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Seasonic G-550 review

Seasonic G-Series: G-550 Power Supply Review

Introduction

In the power supply realm, when consumers think of quiet and efficient power supplies one of the first companies that comes to mind is Seasonic and today we have our 11th look at a Seasonic branded unit. This review covers a new line for Seasonic, the G Series, with today’s model being the G-550 (SSR-550RM Active PFC F3).

Seasonic is one of the older companies producing consumer power supplies having been founded in 1975 and entering the PC power supply production market in 1980. During that more than 30 years as a company Seasonic has cultivated lines of power supplies that are today some of the standard bearers for efficiency and quiet computing. This focus, and its reputation for quality, has lead to an explosion in production as Seasonic can be found providing OEM services on various model lines for Antec, XFX, Corsair, PC Power and Cooling, and of course under its own Seasonic brand...

For full review,

Another review,

Introduction

Seasonic offers four models under their G series: 360 W, 450 W, 550 W, and 650 W, all featuring the 80 Plus Gold certification. We’ve already reviewed the 360 W model, which proved to be a winner. Let’s see if the 550 W version follows in the same footsteps...

For full review,
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Only read the conclusions, but it appears that Seasonic remains the gold standard for power supplies. Thanks for the link.

You're welcome.

Added another link/review.
    Unfortunately, current price appears to be around the $100.00
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Well, $100 is not that expensive for what you get, especially considering how much I paid mine

JonnyGuru really liked the G series as well, also the Platinum Series got a near perfect score.

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

Thread Information