Pass Point Plus Access Control Systems Via 56k ext Modem
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Pass Point Plus Access Control Systems Via 56k ext Modem

Lightbulb Pass Point Plus Access Control Systems Via 56k ext Modem

i am in need of some desperate help.
    i just started for a small security installation / service company.
    we are trying to set up existing panels with external (US Robotics ) modems. the company is driving from site to site to update card databases ect. i think i have the physical setup correct.

2 56k modems at each end (with correct dip settings according to honeywell tech support) connected by a db-9 to db-25 serial cable on each side.

i entered the strings that honeywell tech told me to use.

&A0&k0S2=128 <---computer end
    &A0&KO MLB END

does anyone have any insight on this?

i should also mention that i did see that the us robotics modems had three default
    templates for connections activated on power/reset.

YO = custom
    Y1 = CUSTOM
    Y2 = NO FLOW CONTROL TEMPLATE
    Y3 = HARDWARE FLOW CONTROL
    Y4 = SOFTWARE FLOW CONTROL

honeywell tech support is now outsourced to India.
    they have no clue (i hope our company isn't paying for their tech support because its awful)

I got this text from tech support some time ago (had an email on it I hadn't used in about a decade. Hope it helps Text File
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Smile

thanks for your post! unfortunately these are the exact steps that i made. (minus the auto answer dip setting one the calling end.)

my guess is this... when the instructions for the panel were made the US robotics modems were using a different firmware revision. the panel seems to reset the modem back to the default profile "Y0" every time the panel initiates the modem. my money is on the profile not being the same as ademco/honeywell originally intended. i have no problem reprogramming the modems to whatever configuration is needed, I.E 38400bps 8n1 ect, i just dont know what the panel is expecting.

i know this... &A0 = no error control
    &K0 = no compression
    s2=128 is no escape terminal key

any and all thoughts, or idea's would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Flannel View Post
    I got this text from tech support some time ago (had an email on it I hadn't used in about a decade. Hope it helps Text File

Quote Originally Posted by Timster311 View Post

&A0&k0S2=128 <---computer end
    &A0&KO MLB END
    Change that second "&KO" to "&K0", (a zero instead of an uppercase o).
    Doc

____________http://www.microsoft.com/security____________
    \____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
    \_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
    \_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
    \_______/

my fault, that was a typo. i have noticed this, when i do communicate with the panel through the one modem we have working (intermittently) it doesn't drop the DTR signal when the the communication is complete. (so the modem keeps the line off hook) making it impossible to communicate with the panel again until you physically hit the keypad
    * + # to flip back to local mode, then back to remote and you can communicate with it once more before having to follow those steps again.
    (do you know of a way to reset the panel from the ppp software?) that would be an acceptable solution.

i would like to say again, thank you for your input / help. its damn near impossible to find information regarding this

Sorry, I never had to use dial up for the Pass Point panel, so I'm afraid I'm not going to be very helpful. I found this for modem commands, and it mentions &D0 through &D3 for DTR settings. Don't know if those will help, but it might
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Thread Information