whats my bottleneck here, CPU or V2 SLI
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: whats my bottleneck here, CPU or V2 SLI

whats my bottleneck here, CPU or V2 SLI

i got a P2400 o/c'd to 448mhz. and Voodoo 2 12mg SLI.

what will give me more framerate at 1024x768 a faster cpu or a better video card?

and is the cpu or the V2 the bottleneck here?

You didn't mention which 2D/3D card your using.....your current CPU and V2 SLI shouldn't be a bottleneck.....I've used a Velocity 128 AGP and now use a Viper V550 TNT with my V2 SLI's and it all runs great...

lisch,
    When you say v2 sli, do you mean you have 2 cards(running in sli mode). If so excuse me but I have heard many people with only one card call it sli. If you only have one voodoo 2 card your max resolution is only going to be 800 x 600. I agree that if you have two v2's in sli mode you should have no bottle necks unless your system memory is low. But your 2d card should make no difference because it is not used while in 3d mode.

------------------
    Sully™

[This message has been edited by sully (edited 06-06-99).]
    Sully ™

thanks for the replies, let me be more specific. P2400 o/c'd to 448mhz. 128mg ram, TWO Voodoo 2's 12mg in SLI mode. MX300 sound card. primary video is a diamond 8mg agp (not used for games at all, only for display).

I dont really have problems with framerate at 1024x768 except that it slows down below 30fps sometimes (usually its fast in most all games). What im trying to find out is am i using the V2 video cards to there fullest potential, ie. max framerate/performance while using my PII 400.
    If i get a faster cpu like a PIII 550 will my performance increase with the V2 cards???

Im thinking of the future here like Q3, etc when my fps's WILL start to slow down.

Thread Information