ATI AGP All-in-Wonder 128 - Wut up?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: ATI AGP All-in-Wonder 128 - Wut up?

Hybrid View

ATI AGP All-in-Wonder 128 - Wut up?

Every place I have looked at on the web shows this item backordered. Does anyone know when it will be available? Thanks!

spend your money on something better like:
    Hercules Dynamite TNT2 Ultra
    TV/FM Tuner

Hercules Dynamite TNT2 Ultra TV/FM Tuner? Where can I find some information on this card? It sounds amazing!

-Kev.
    -Kev.

TKP
    WRITE ME AT EMAIL ADDRESS ATI AGP ALL-IN WONDER PRO 8MB

HAVE YOU TRIED THE ATI RAGE FURY USING TNT? IT HAS 32MB ON THE BOARD.

------------------
    LIVE TO LEARN
    LEARN TO LIVE
    LIVE TO LEARN
    LEARN TO LIVE
    BUT I STILL CAN'T SPELL

TKP - you're right.. this card will be backordered for a while im sure. Only because its one hell of a card. I did find out some inside news though... Best Buy will be the first retail outlet to have the card.

BiOtCH - can you tell me specifically why this Hercules card is better? I went and read the specs myself, and I can't see it. But that might be that I'm really wanting this ATI All In Wonder 128 card. I feel that there are much better bells and whistles attached, along with a much better software bundle - and the Hercules didn't say that it came with one. The ATI card has TV out, and in. (you can watch TV on your pc.. the Hercules doesn't.. it also has a Digital VCR, and a whole lot of other goodies, too many to mention here.)

kyank - question... how can something sound amazing from one poster saying "Hercules Dynamite TNT2 Ultra TV/FM Tuner" if that's all it takes to get you excited..well. anyways. here is the link for the Herc card:
    http://www.hercules.com/presale/specs/DynTNT2-spec.htm and here is the link for the ATI All In Wonder 128 card:
    http://www.atitech.com/ca_us/products/pc/aiw_128/index.html
    you go to both sites, and come back and tell me which one you like better. I really am interested in what others think.

HUTCH - well.. first off.. the poster, (TKP) was asking about the ATI All In Wonder 128, not the ATI All In Wonder PRO 8MB. They are two completely different cards. If you visit the above ATI Link, you will also find there a link to a comparison between the two cards. Also, I have to ask... where in the world did you see an ATI video card with a TNT chipset??? we're talking two seperate manufacturers here guy. The ATI All In Wonder 128 will be available in both the 16MB and 32MB flavors. Happy hunting all!

I have a question about the All In Wonder 128. Does it have a built in DVD decoder? I've read the press release from the company, but I haven't made heads or tails of it. Would I need a seperate Decoder? Thanks for the help

------------------
    If at first you don't succeed... skydivng is NOT for you!
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Sir Flannel - Yes ATI All In Wonder 128 has a built in DVD Decoder. On the ATI site, it states that it has Hardware DVD video playback. That means the decoding is done via the card, and not from software. The card acts like a decoder card, which is great since that frees up a slot in on your motherboard, no need for separate cards. You do however need to purchase a DVD rom player separately, and since those are coming more and more available there are plenty to choose from. A quote from the ATI page. "Rock-Solid DVD Video
    Enjoy flicker-free full screen DVD movies right on your PC or attached TV set with ALL-IN-WONDER 128's hardware DVD technology - an exciting multimedia experience. All this without the need to add a separate and costly MPEG-2 decoder card." Hope this clears it up for ya.

there may be faster cards, but ATI makes the best cards with add-on features. Canopus takes a close second, but AT iis the best
    I didn't know she was your sister...I swear!

Ok, folks, I need some input from you guys and ladies. Is there much difference between the Matrox G200 TV (15 in 1) and the ALL-IN-WONDER 128 other than the price? Is the Matrox G200 a much better card? Why? I want to order one of these cards, I like the Matrox specs, but it's much more expensive. Please advise.

Wait for the 32 mb AIW 128 - it will have better video capture and the DVD will decode Dolby 5.1 to a SPDIF output - not an option on the 16mb version. BTW - if you are running any less than about a 450, there is a lot less reason for the 128 over the AIW Pro (the DVD decoder is pretty cool though!)

------------------
    ...hope this helps...
    ...hope this helps...

The ATI does proprietary AVi as well as MPEg capture. Matrox Marverl does MJPEG, (which if anyone has dealt with, it is really a hassle.)The Matrox specs are great, butthe actual card is not worth it. The A-i-w pro was good, but had some limitations, the a-i-w 128 is tthe best featureset of all the capture cards. The only one that does as advertised. I had a Marvel, returned it, had a a-i-w pro for a while, but upgraded it becasue the card was just too underpowered.( I would not recommend getting a aiw pro , no matter what processor you have.
    I didn't know she was your sister...I swear!

Thanks guys. That helps.

for those of you interested in the DVD decoding of the AIW 128

i read a review that compared the quality of picture from a DVD playing on the AIW 128 to a TV thru the TV out to the quality of a Sony standalone DVD player.

Both were using 32" TV's, and the reviewer said taht if you were further away than 3 ft from the TV, you couldn't see a difference.

sounds like a card for me

------------------
    gdf
    gdf

Thread Information