How many of you like the TNT card?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you like the TNT card?

How many of you like the TNT card?

Just curious but... how many of you like the TNT card over the Voodoo?

------------------
    It is now safe to turn off your computer

? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

ankerson Guest
    What do you mean? The TNT is much better than the Voodoo. The TNT does 32bit color and is fast enough for you, plus the images are better on a TNT.

ooooooo must be careful here...

Knowledge is a dangerous thing... When one knows everything, the mind is all of a sudden full
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

I know that the TNT can render 32-bit color but when you have a big monitor and try and run high resolutions... the TNT starts to show all its flaws.

The Voodoo is better when you use 17" monitors or bigger and are trying to run resolutions past 1124 x 8??!

Thanks for replying though...

------------------
    It is now safe to turn off your computer

? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Well I have an AMD system so I despised the TNT, bought voodoo3, all better now!
    Vidfreek:
    I have gone to look for myself, If I get back before I return.....Keep me here

I can't believe anyone would waste money on either of those cards!!! My VirgeDX is all I need....Wolfenstein3d never looked so good!!

felon2... what are you talking about?

I definitely like my V550 in my 464A. It's fast enough for me and the colors are great. I'm thinking about cancelling an order for a TNT2 because I'm not sure how much better it would be than the current TNT (besides speed). Do I like it over the Voodoo? Probably not.

I have an V3 3k in an AMD 450 and I like that system a lot. 3dfx did a great job with their rendering and while 16-bit doesn't look as good as 32, the difference isn't that significant.

Toolbox...my point is very simplistic.
    The angle of the dangle is DIRECTLY proportional to the heat of the beat!!!

Felon2 - yep, caught the tone there on the first post (gave me a chuckle but I still prefer the orig. Wolfenstien on the IIe - Go Green Screen!

- I wonder how fast that video card was :P
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

I long for the days of my beloved IIe!!!!
    Those were the days!! No silly bickering over fps...tri or bi - linear filtering...MHZ...
    3DMARKS...just happy blissful days spent caulking our wagons in Oregon Trail. OH SWEET CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!
    hehe
    hhhhmmm felon if wolf 3d looks really good
    on ur card
    maybe u should fire up some pong
    im sure that would play as smooth as a breeze

prod

So where do you get one of these VirgeDX cards? Couldn't find them at killerapp.com, is it because everyone's hoarding them?

------------------
    I really need to think of something to put here.

i have viper 770 ultra tnt 2 and really like it. it has plenty of speed and far above my v3 3000 in image quality, but i like both cards and look forward to 3dfx's next offering. it should be pretty cool!!!

I like my V55O (as long as it's using Hercules' drivers). It runs my 21" Viewsonic P815 just fine at high resolutions. I can't tell any difference between it and the Matrox Millenium I used to run. I put a Voodoo 3 3000 in my brother's K6-2 450 and it looks good. Voodoo's better optimized for AMD.

Thread Information