For those of you on Win7...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: For those of you on Win7...

For those of you on Win7...

That don't want to upgrade to Win8, you now may be forced to.

The engineering team responsible for building and releasing service packs has reportedly been told there wonít be another service pack for Windows 7. It marks the first time in multiple releases that Microsoft wonít be issuing a second major update.

If you recall, Windows XP received three service packs during its run while Vista scored two major bundles. Itís unclear at this hour why Microsoft isnít planning a second service pack but it doesnít take a genius to make an educated guess.

Windows 7 was due for a second service pack any day now. Service packs are reportedly a pain for Microsoft to produce because they require a lot of time and effort to build. With Windows 8 primed for release, it seems as though Microsoft wanted to have everyone working on the new OS rather than lingering around on an older project.
    http://www.techspot.com/news/50599-m...windows-7.html
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

That's still give us until 2014 to think about it. It wouldn't be the first time that Microsoft would change it's mind. So, I sill think that sp2 might, eventually, happen.

I'm not so sure, that win8 will be so popular with those customers who are using desktops or laptops without touchscreens.
    Gilles Lussier

HWC Folding@Home Team

Win 7 is the new XP. Many of the more computer savvy users that have looked at 8 report distaste at the smartphone desktop, and the app store approach that MS is announcing for 8 points to a walled garden like Apple's. I'm keeping more of an eye open to alternatives for the day that 7 ceases to be supported.

I seriously doubt the corporations would care a fig or not about lack of Service Packs for Windows 7.
    They are most likely sticking with Window XP or upgrading/keeping Windows 7.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

IMHO Windows should start considering itself under notice. It'll be a while of course, but the writing is on the wall.
    Doc

____________http://www.microsoft.com/security____________
    \____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
    \_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
    \_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
    \_______/

Thread Information