LG Monitor Flatron L227WTG-PF - Not Turning On
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: LG Monitor Flatron L227WTG-PF - Not Turning On

LG Monitor Flatron L227WTG-PF - Not Turning On

I am trying to figure out if a monitor (LG Flatron L227WTG-PG) does not work or if somehow I need to reset it.

When the computer is turned off, the power button on the monitor has a blue light that flashes on and off.

When I turned on the computer, the power button on the monitor still flashes on and off, but nothing appears on the screen (it is just black).

Last time, i had the computer and monitor on for a long time (3 hours or so), the "LG" symbol came up in the middle of the screen but that was it.

I have tried this monitor in different computers and the same thing happens.

Before, windows used to appear after about 2 hours or so. Just right now I turned it on, and after about 20 minutes, windows came up.

Do you guys think this monitor is damaged OR is there something that I might need to reset or settings that I need to change?

Thanks
    Last edited by ggalv; September 23rd, 2012 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ggalv
    ... I have tried this monitor in different computers and the same thing happens...
    Initial suspicion, defective monitor.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

That monitor has an analogue D-Sub (VGA) connector and a digital DVI connector. Try testing the monitor with which ever connector you're not currently using.

The computer that I have only has a VGA Connection. Was looking into buying a DVI-D Male to VGA female adapter. Is the adpater all that I need, or do I need to get some kind of converter?

Thanks

That's all you should need. I have a million of those things in a box in my basement!
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

Before, windows used to appear after about 2 hours or so. Just right now I turned it on, and after about 20 minutes, windows came up.
    If you're saying that the display only comes up after a period of time, and it does this with more than one computer, it sounds like a power issue. Two possibilities: the power supply in the monitor, or the inverter. The most common failure mode that I'm aware of in lcd monitors is the capacitors in the power supply. I have an LG 19" I took apart and most of the capacitors in its power supply are shot, bulging tops and/or leaking fluid. The capacitors LG used were not the highest quality, by temp rating. They likely failed due to poor ventilation and cooling in that section and lower temp rating caps.

If this is the problem, which you can determine by taking it apart and looking for bulging tops or leakage on the caps, and if you're good at soldering, they can be replaced.

Another failure point on pre-led units would be the cold-cathode tubes. I think sometimes at least this can be seen as a very dark image (try turning out the lights in a dark room.)

If the image is coming up eventually, this is an important clue. I would suspect the power supply, but I'm not an expert and prepared to be corrected by someone more knowledgeable.

Thread Information