[RESOLVED] YouTube & buffering or skipping
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: [RESOLVED] YouTube & buffering or skipping

Thumbs up [RESOLVED] YouTube & buffering or skipping

I have an Acer desktop with XP, Amd Athlon 4400+ or around 2.3Ghz, 3 GB of ram, 320GB HD with XP. The video card has 256MB ram on it. My monitor is a Viewsonic 22" flat screen. I am using the VGA plug. When I go onto Youtube wirelessly and go to full screen it skips the audio and maybe that is called buffering. This is even with the lowest resolution quality that Youtube offers.

I have a Dell Latitude D630 with Pentium Dual-Core 2 2.2Ghz with 4GB ram and Windows 7. The video card has less memory on it. The Youtube videos on this computer going full screen runs like you are watching a TV show. No buffering, no sound skipping.

The desktop is closer to the router so why does my desktop have issues with this buffering and the laptop does not? There is no interference anywhere around each computer.

Would changing my VGA to DVI make a difference? Does my large 22" screen have issues with full screen Internet videos because it has to processes more data?
    Thanks
    JB

Ok, I found that this only happens with Chrome and not Internet Explorer. So what is wrong with Chrome and YouTube videos? Works OK in small screen. If I go to medium screen it shutters and then goes Medium screen. Works fine in medium screen though. Only large screen is where it shutters and buffers. IE8 - no problems at all. Goes full screen and runs like a TV.
    Thanks
    JB

May be an issue of Chrome's implementation of Flash Player,
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I'm glad you brought this up jonny b (and Shinma for his response). Having a similar problem with a media player system at work and it hadn't tweaked that Chrome could be the problem. I was looking at video drivers etc, which didn't resolve the issue.

The tweak that I did from that link worked for my Chrome. Works well now, thanks.
    Thanks
    JB

Glad to be of assistance.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information