Why does wireless router stop responding?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Why does wireless router stop responding?

Why does wireless router stop responding?

I have bought a new Router for our new small conference room, but since it was intented to work for about 10 users, but in the first day of use (with about 18 users) that wireless router after about 15 minutes collapsed and stop responding (not even ping to it's IP).

Why does it happen? (i have heard of similar cases with different models and situations).

The wireless router was not hot at all, I had to unplug it and plug it to the power to reset it.
    Is there anything I could do to avoid that horrible (and embarrasing situation)?
    How could I also know the user limits?

The model is: TP-LINK TL-WR941N / TL-WR941ND It says it is: 300Mbps
    Firmware Version:
    3.12.5 Build 100929 Rel.57776n
    Hardware Version:
    WR941N v2/v3 00000000

Please help

Gracias.
    ...and remember...
    ...Panama Rules...

At one of the theatres I work in there are two consumer grade wireless routers to serve the stage, one each side. When a show is in with a lot of laptops accessing the internet, it's common for these routers, one a Linksys WRT54G, the other a D-Link of similar vintage, to crap out and have to be power cycled to make them usable again.

One of our people has suggested that Macs exacerbate the situation because they hold onto IP addresses, running the routers out of available addresses. Accurate info from members knowledgeable with networking would be appreciated.

It would be worth checking the size of the DHCP address pool. Make sure there are enough IP leases still available, even with 15 people connected.

DanceHall, how did you put two of them? just by using a simple RJ45 cable into each Router? or by any complicated replication or something?

BINK, everything is at its default setting.
    ...and remember...
    ...Panama Rules...

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMan View Post
    DanceHall, how did you put two of them?
    I didn't, someone else did, and I don't think they're fed from the same source.

Thread Information