[RESOLVED] Wireless just won't work
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: [RESOLVED] Wireless just won't work

Thumbs up [RESOLVED] Wireless just won't work

My son has an older Systemax AMD system that just won't work with wireless. Works great when hardwired but when using a wirelss network card or USB adapter it just doesn't work. I've tried several different typs of adapter and PCI cards and also went to different locatio0ns with different routers. After installing an adapter it will show the icon whci says not connected. But when I click on it to bring up the available wireless connections it won't show any. Says there arent any. I know better because there are at least 5 in my area. Tried the adpaters software for network management and tried letting windows manage the connection. Nothing works. WTH could it be? Win XP SP3 with all the updates.
    *This space for rent*

Thanx, Shinma, for everything. I could not get it to work, even with all the fixes. So, I did a reinstall with a pci netwrok card installed and everything worked fine. I don't know if something in the last install was horse hockey or what. But after the reload it all came in. Thanx much!
    *This space for rent*

Glad you got it to work.

Since your clean install of the operating system worked,
    I think one of the drivers and/or remnants of a driver and associated software may have made the operating system go wacky...
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thats what it looks like. It was just strange because the wireless driver installed and the device mngr showed everything as fine. No wireless networks were detected. "Personal Confusers".
    *This space for rent*

Thread Information