[RESOLVED] My Plan, questions
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: [RESOLVED] My Plan, questions

Thumbs up [RESOLVED] My Plan, questions

I'm about to get Windows 7, and I'm planning to format my C drive to install (can't direct upgrade from XP, AFAIK). However, I've got a lot of programs installed on my D drive that I would like to keep and use again. But, I know there are .dlls in my C drive, and not to mention the god awful amount of registry entries that are going to be lost. Is there a simple way to be able to keep these programs (a number of them are from Give Away of The Day, and the installer, even if I have it, have never worked after their free day)?I'll have a complete backup of the C drive for the dlls and the registry, but I don't know if importing the old registry will somehow corrupt the new. Plus, I'm hoping for an easier way than reinstalling everything that's already still 90% installed.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

FWIW, it is possible to upgrade from XP to Vista and then on up to Windows 7.
    Doc

____________http://www.microsoft.com/security____________
    \____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
    \_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
    \_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
    \_______/

The only other alternative that I'm aware of,

Use/test at own risk.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information