Far Cry 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Far Cry 2

Lightbulb Far Cry 2

Finally I got this game and although I've yet to have a good look at the workings I have finished it without cheating, however it is not as 'nice' to play as Far Cry, no beach for me and my M16 to relax on, the smell of burning rubber, cars, boats and bodies assaulted my nostrils and it was irritating to take out a check point only to come back to it a few minutes later and find it fully repaired and re-occupied by the twin brothers of those I had just disposed of!

OK, this is what you do to add some fun and balance to the game. Loads of cheat sites out there tell you that Far Cry original cheats work with FC2, they don't is the simple answer!

You need to create a new shortcut on your desktop. Don't delete the shortcut that was created when you installed the game, you'll need that shortcut later on! Once you have created the new shortcut, right click on it and choose properties and edit the Target box so that it looks very much like the following, depending on which drive you have installed the game on:
    "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Far Cry 2\bin\FarCry2.exe" -GameProfile_GodMode 1 -GameProfile_UnlimitedAmmo 1 -GameProfile_AllWeaponsUnlock 1 -GameProfile_UnlimitedReliability 1 -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1

Now, in the Tutorial these cheats will need to be turned on and off. Start the program using the Original shortcut created while the game was installing. Wait until you have your weapons and syringes, most important! Then save the game and quit the game. Start the game again by clicking on the new shortcut, cheats will be enabled. You may have to do this several times so save often! You can use the cheats in the main game until you head towards the end of the first level, you have to choose whether to defend Mike's Bar or the Church. You need to Save the game before you choose and then start the game again by clicking on the Original Shortcut. If you stay in God mode you will end up killing repeatedly forever, the game will not move forward at all, that is why you must save often. After Level two has started, save the game, quit and restart using the modified shortcut and enjoy yourself!

DD
    "The enemy of the enemy is the night"

For some reason I never got into Far Cry 2. It was fun for a while just driving round setting fire to stuff with the flamethrower, but I just couldn't get into the missions.

Far Cry and Crysis were more enjoyable, something about those tropical island settings I guess
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Well I've been hunting down and trying out various mods for this game and one of the best is Far Cry 2 Fortunes Pack. It works well with the official version of the game running the latest patch. From what I can see you get a very nice quad bike which is great fun to ride although it can't be repaired, well I couldn't but there we are maybe you can! You get a big all terrain truck and three very useful new weapons available in the Armory sitting in a crate near the back. A very powerful and almost silent crossbow with telescopic sight and explosive arrows, a fancy double barrel shot gun and an effective pump action shotgun all for free as far as I can see, give it a try you can D/L from here:
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/m...rcry2/mod.html
    "The enemy of the enemy is the night"

Thread Information