v770 ultra vs hecules dynamite ultra tnt II
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: v770 ultra vs hecules dynamite ultra tnt II

v770 ultra vs hecules dynamite ultra tnt II

ok, for $249.99, which is the better card? and which has better support/drivers if either? and anyone know where to get the hercules card and if it is even avaliable yet? thanks!

the Hercules is shiped with more speed but can you find one that is a good queition I preordered the Viper 770 Ultra and i am still waiting 4 it (it's been a week from when they said it will be here ) the viper comes with 150mhz Engine & 183mhz memory
    Hercules has 175mhz Engine 200mhz memory
    the viper comes with 3 games too and other software. Hercules i don't think it comes with anything..but more speed !! my friend has a STB TNT and he runs differnt drivers on it. he runs the fastest drivers for it which they are Hercules .so will it work for the viper i don't know.
    Rocafella

ankerson Guest
    I would get the Diamond card because of the quality and the outstanding drivers. I have a 770 and I love it.

the hercules card is a little bit faster than the viper 770 ultra right now, but the difference is only a couple fps at the most. diamond is your best bet in my opinion because of the support and quality of the product. i bought my 770 ultra at software etc. every major software retailer will have the card sooner or later. seems everyone is sold out right now though.

PIC> I've got a brand new sealed Guillemot TNT2 Ultra I'll sell you for $215, and there is a $30 mail in rebate in the box. It is clocked higher than the Viper, but less than the Herc. It has an overclocking utility, TV out, 32megs, and Zing software DVD. It's default clock speeds are 175/183

in my personnel opinion go with the herc
    card its the best TnT2 card on the market
    and can be overclocked a lot without any probs.
    i will never get the V770 as seeing that diamond did such a ****ty thing in most cases with there v550.
    such as there drivers caused ur sys. to go awal when u got IE5 they eventually fixed it and ur really paying just for the name of diamond as seeing it isnt a great card.
    also for the V550 the last bios update was hhhmmmm about 5-6 months ago
    shows u there lack of driver support.
    but this is just my opinion and i have read at a lot of placed that the herc card is ther best one to go with.
    hope this helps and have fun with the card that u pick

prod.

Anybody know what's up w/ the Hercules card? I've found some sites that have a 32meg card for sale starting 6/11, but it doesn't say Ultra. Are they making a 32meg non-ultra too? If so, when is the Ultra going to be around? I can't wait much longer, I've got a new system w/ a ancient ISA card in it for now just so I can look at the bios. The wait is maddening!

I would have to agree with almost everyone. The Diamond 770 is a high quality card. The Hercules is going to run hotter and thier quality has been lacking the last couple of years. You could always oc it if you need the extra speed.

[This message has been edited by SlyDog (edited 06-04-99).]

Thread Information