problem.. new V3 2K PCI, no display
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: problem.. new V3 2K PCI, no display

problem.. new V3 2K PCI, no display

I have a HP 8275 with an onboard ATI Rage 3D AGP 2x chip (follow links below for exact cpu specifications) and when I install the V3 2K (after disabling the chip and/or AGP controller)I get only a black screen. The boot sequence checks the 1.44 drive, the CD-ROM drive and then hard freezes. Anyone experience this or have any hints as to what might be the problem?
    Thanx again =)
    http://www.hp.com/cposupport/personal_computing/support_doc/bph04013.html
    http://www.hp.com/cposupport/personal_computing/support_doc/bph04006.html

You mean after disabling the onboard video and the agp right? Did you try, in your bios to set the display to use pci and not agp? There should be an option in there that does that. It might also be possible that the v3 doenst want to work even with the onboard video disabled, not sure but look at your bios for the option of initial display or something along that lines.

------------------
    Chaz (Vidfreek)
    Vidfreek:
    I have gone to look for myself, If I get back before I return.....Keep me here

I tried BIOS, there wasn't an option to disable the AGP or to change the boot sequence to PCI first. I don't even have an AGP port.. its just some odd onboard video controller which claims to be AGP. I called 3DFX and they had no idea.. next up is HP, no info on their site.

Thread Information