[RESOLVED] Question about purchasing a DVD burner for camcorder
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: [RESOLVED] Question about purchasing a DVD burner for camcorder

Hybrid View

Thumbs up [RESOLVED] Question about purchasing a DVD burner for camcorder

Can anyone explain whether a DVD burner peripheral purchased from a site such as Newegg would operate as a stand alone device? Will they accept/transfer and then burn discs from video images out of my Canon DVD camcorder? Do I need to buy special power or connecting cords?

My iMac computer has a great DVD drive/burner and iMovie software. The problem is that it doesn't recognize the USB connection from the camcorder, even though the manufacturer claims that it will. I need a way to get DVD clips from the camera to the computer software for editing.

Quote Originally Posted by only Mac
    ... a DVD burner peripheral purchased from a site such as Newegg would operate as a stand alone device? ...
    No.

... Will they accept/transfer and then burn discs from video images out of my Canon DVD camcorder?
    No.

... iMac computer ... doesn't recognize the USB connection from the camcorder, even though the manufacturer claims that it will...
    Refer to camcorder manufacturers' instructions. Driver may be required for camcorder if iMac is supported.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information