[RESOLVED] New Intel SSD install questions?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: [RESOLVED] New Intel SSD install questions?

Thumbs up [RESOLVED] New Intel SSD install questions?

Hi,

I just received my new Intel X-25M 120 GB SSD, and I'm trying to prepare before getting into the install.

I want to basically just clone the existing, working hard drive to the new SSD. It has less than 80GB on it, so I should be fine in that respect. I see that Intel has a cloning software download available, which looks like a version of Acrons Home. I already have the Acronis 2010 software with the CD ROM.

I understand most of the procedure for cloning, except for how to connect the new SSD into the system to be cloned from the original HDD. The system is an HP e9270f, and it has all SATA drives, the HDD, a BD drive, and a normal CD/DVD drive.

Should I temporarily disconnect the Blue-ray drive and connect the new SSD to it for the cloning operation? Or would I be better off to do an image to an external 1TB HDD, and then restore it to the new drive after swapping it in the PC?

Or am I missing something entirely?

Thanks very much in advance!

Glenn

Manual/software available for download from Intel.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Should I temporarily disconnect the Blue-ray drive and connect the new SSD to it for the cloning operation?
    If there are no other available SATA ports, then that would be the easiest option.

Thanks to all that replied. I ended up doing just that, connecting the destination (new) drive to the Blu-ray SATA connections.

Used Acronis 2010, and it was super easy!

Thanks again!

Glenn

Thread Information