Stop the fight !!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Stop the fight !!!!

Stop the fight !!!!

This is not necessary. Either it's TNT2 or Voodoo3, they both performs well under their own certain condition. Some people like the other better, others don't. Same for games and systems. I don't understand why waste so much time on benchmark trying to figure out which is better? All I know is that I'm getting TNT2 because it has more features and for the same price, you get double the memory. End of story and thanks for all the benchmarks, results and advice I get lately.

Kosovo- THAT'S a fight.
    We are merely bragging on our favorite computer peripherals. Sure, it sounds like childish bickering at times, but it's relatively harmless.
    The TNT2 has more features all right. Those same features are missing in your system's AGP slot and in most pc games. By the time that situation gets corrected, you could buy the 'TNT2 Killer', the Rage Fury Pro.

Well, it's not nvida or 3dfx, since there are others as well that may be unhappy at your comments However, it's not the same price for double the features, the V3-3k is $130 and the tnt2 ultra is over $200. hmm

I'm very happy with my o/c'd v3-2k - q2 looks fabulous - as good as the cl tnt I had in my machine before (was not a replacement, but the tnt wouldn't work well - lots of freezeups)

[This message has been edited by Splatt (edited 05-21-99).]
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

That's interesting Splatt. I have a V3 3k in a 464A and compared it side to side with a TNT (not TNT2) in a 400A and the V3 just doesn't look as good. The V3 is overclocked but I can't tell speed difference. What I can tell is color. I won't get into 32vs16 bit and it's not the monitor (Viewsonic G790 vs. Sony 200ES), but the color is much better on the TNT than the V3. People say you can only tell the difference if you're looking and I AM looking and the difference is not subtle.

I'm not pro nVida either, I'm a consumer. I have a V770 that's going back to the store because I just can't justify the high price for just 16 more mb ram and a higher clock speed than the TNT. TNT2 with 125/150 (V770)? That's what the TNT was supposed to be and they're calling it the TNT2 and doubling the price? Ridiculous.

As for your comments nightc, there will always be these "wars." Intel vs AMD, Voodoo3 vs. TNT2, etc. It will settle down and pick up again when the new stuff is released this fall. I have no loyalty either way because I'm paying for the stuff. Makes for good entertainment though.

Where can I get a G400?

I agree with nightc. I myself bought a TNT2
    ultra, but if you dont like TNT2 buy a voodoo3. Who really cares? I dont understand why people want to argue with others (they dont even know) about this subject. Do you really think I care which board you buy? Nope. So why should you care what I buy? The only person that your video card is going to effect is you. Not these other people. Buy what you want.

g13 - I did most of my major 3d testing (well not really testing - mostly playing in Q2. I ran q2 w/tnt as default ogfl drivers. Looked great. Ran V3 with the 3dfx ogl (well, it is 3dfx right?) and it was a bit brighter, but not quite as fully detailed t seemed. The tnt had seemed a bit better. Well, by mistake I hit the default ogl with my v3 card, amd damned if you know it, but the image was the same quality as the tnt I had (well close enough since I don't have them sidexside to compare I was impressed! Well, I'd like to figure out how to get the fps to display, since I get some serious lag w/multi online sometimes, and want to see what I can do about it (cut out some of the effects to boost it somewhat i hope
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

Hmm how come in Pricewatch, the TNT2 is selling for $150-160 ?

Anyone want stop fight then leave it.
    Go buy what card you like that is it.
    Keep be quite then play with your card if you happy.
    All of you not have to keep post.
    If you keep post that you cause to anyone keep post then you post then somebody post then you post it that what you like that your problem.

Amen to that.
    Problem solver-buy a TNT 2 and 2 V2's.
    That's what people used to do before Voodoo
    became a 2D/3D card. Remember?
    Just game with what makes you happy.
    (it is pretty entertaining at times)

I WANT TO FIGHT!!! F#@k all yall!!!

LETS GO, PHUCKURZ!!!

No, seriously we're not fighting. It's called debating. Sometimes it's called heated debates. Granted, some are better than others at it. Sometimes it gets stupid, but for the most part people take part to learn.

------------------
    I really need to think of something to put here.

i have to agree with flavio

there not fight but debates or educated discusions with high tempers

besides these channels are "open forums"

forums are for descusions if you don't like the forum or the "fight" then why are u here?????
    Lord Rucali

oh no! i guess the freedom of speech thing is comming up soon i can just hear the American national athem as this thread goes on...

p.s i love your jerry springer
    simonf@panormania.com
    www.panormania.com

"I know what your thinking.... should have took the blue pill"

simonf,

How interesting that you consider freedom of speech an American trait. I guess there are alot of worse things to be noted for.

wooo steady there cowboy.... just having a bit of fun..

freedom of speech and all that anyways i'm comming to visit for the first time this year i've had enough of the food in europe plus your hardware is a fraction of the price it is on our tiny island (england)...
    we are not arrogant or anything hear, just a weird sence of humour. I have nothing against America or Americans if it was not for you guys i would probably be speaking german.

[This message has been edited by simonf (edited 06-02-99).]
    simonf@panormania.com
    www.panormania.com

"I know what your thinking.... should have took the blue pill"

STOP!!!!

ure both right.... they both suck

get a G400

Thread Information