3DLABS Permedia3, Oxygen VX1, TNT2 ultra, or V3 3500?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 3DLABS Permedia3, Oxygen VX1, TNT2 ultra, or V3 3500?

3DLABS Permedia3, Oxygen VX1, TNT2 ultra, or V3 3500?

Permedia3- Oxygen VX1- Herc. Dynamite TNT2- V3 3500

Which one of these will be faster on games in high res. and low res.? Which i overall a better and more powerful card?

------------------
    Visit My Site At:

http://members.xoom.com/ultimate3d/

What do you consider Hi-Res?

What exactly do you consider most important performance-wise in a video card? What do you do besides gaming? I see you've mentioned the Permedia and the Oxygen, but not the G400; your post seems to emphasize gaming; these aren't "gaming" cards really. If you want to game and work (graphics/CAD/3D) the G400 will probably be the card to have-- assuming Matrox gets the OpenGL ICD right this time, which I'm betting that they know that they have to and therefore will.

I think that if you are after pure performance and have a cpu on less than 400 mhz, then the voodoo 3 might be the card for you. It also supports glide which makes it compatible with some games not using Open GL or direct 3D. If your processor is more 400 mhz or higher i would go for the Matrox G400. It is the fastest card in high res (1280*960 upwards) - it has the best image quality in 2D and in 3D. G400 is very cpu hungry and that makes it a card for the future, where cpu power will continue to grow. You could also go for TNT 2 has some advantages over Voodoo 3 (32 bit colours - larger texture size) and is about the same speed. But if you want a card for the future go for the Matrox G400 Max.

Oops! sorry about the spelling errors. This time i hope i got it right! If you are after pure performance and have a cpu on less than 400 mhz, then the voodoo 3 might be the card for you. It also supports glide which makes it compatible with some games not using Open GL or direct 3D. If your processor is 400 mhz or higher i would go for the Matrox G400. It is the fastest card in high res (1280*960 upwards) - it has the best image quality in 2D and in 3D. G400 is very cpu hungry and that makes it a card for the future, where cpu power will continue to grow. You could also go for TNT 2 which has some advantages over Voodoo 3 (32 bit colours - larger texture size) and is about the same speed. But if you want a card for the future go for the Matrox G400 Max.

if you are going to do anything with 3D modelling or CAD and some gaming, definately get the VX1.

if you are going to just play games, then it doesn't really matter. get the one you feel is the best for the money. as far as it stands right now, i would say that the V3 is the best bang for the buck. as for the G400, if you want to wait for it go ahead. but if you want a card now, get a V3 or TNT2.

------------------
    da jig isz up...
    i'm so upset lately...
    i'm contemplating www.cybersuicide.com

da jig isz up...

Have you used the VX1? I'm really curious as to how it performs. I haven't heard much of it compared to the G400 or Permedia3 and certainly not compared to the TNT2's and V3's. Where can I find good info on the VX1 Jigsta?

Thread Information