[RESOLVED] Partition Mahem
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: [RESOLVED] Partition Mahem

Thumbs up [RESOLVED] Partition Mahem

Ok so for some reason my Iexplorer stop wanting to load microsoft pages. It was working fine whit other web, except 1 other. I played so much to solve the problem that it stop connecting to the net. So I went for a fresh install. Losing 2 week of time was enough ! Then I run in an other problem I have ever since Sata came in play. I guess i,m doing something wrong whit my partition. So I made sure my windows partition ( the one I want to be c: ) is on the Sata 1 connection. but for some reason, when the instalation start, the drive letter always change to something else. Today it became f: ... In all I have 3 drive, 2x500 and 1x300 gb. The 300 has Acronis hidden partition. so it's never a problem. My main drive has 2 partition, 100gb for winxp and the rest for other files, mainly torrent. Then my other 500 is my safe keep for personal files. Ok so to get to the problem, I think I formated the partition wrong. I use win install to format the win partition. C partition read has Primary, D read has a primary also. Then the other driver read has primary, but acronis has a 13 meg primary partition and the rest is and extended / logical, From partition magic pro. So I'm guessing that all those primary partition confuse the installer when the C partition lose her designation. should I convert the drive to a logical drive and make all the other extended partition ?
    [SIZE=1]Technoplume
    Asus Crosshair 1, AMD 4800+ x2, 4G RAM
    BFG GTX 260, Acer AL2216W, ViewSonic VT2342
    Haf Full tower, Watercool Thermatake / Cooler Master
    3.3Tb ( 1gi Raid, 0.3 backup, 2tb External )
    G13, G110, G500, X-540
    750 W0117 Thermaltake Active Toughpower

During a clean install, disconnect all drives except the primary HDD.
    Reconnect all other drives after successful OS installation.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

hum hum, it's what I have done, was just wondering if there was something I could do to not have to open the box.
    [SIZE=1]Technoplume
    Asus Crosshair 1, AMD 4800+ x2, 4G RAM
    BFG GTX 260, Acer AL2216W, ViewSonic VT2342
    Haf Full tower, Watercool Thermatake / Cooler Master
    3.3Tb ( 1gi Raid, 0.3 backup, 2tb External )
    G13, G110, G500, X-540
    750 W0117 Thermaltake Active Toughpower

Change any/all non-system drive letters accordingly then,
    You can see if the following link applies in your situation, go into the registry

Have fun.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information