[RESOLVED] HP Deskjet F4280 won
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: [RESOLVED] HP Deskjet F4280 won

Thumbs up [RESOLVED] HP Deskjet F4280 won

Hi. I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista. I recently re-hooked up an HP F4280 All-in-One Printer, but because I couldn't find the disk, I downloaded from the HP website.

The printer appears to be ready to go, and is online, but for some reason, I can't get it to print.....not even a test page. I downloaded Windows Mats_run printing program, and it can't find a problem and says the printer is ready to print.

However, it does photocopy (when I put a page under the scanner, it prints a copy of the page).

I was on another site, and they gave me directions re checking the printer spooler, and it seemed fine. They said to just turn everything off, and back on, and that the laptop would recognize the printer and that it would just then work, but that didn't happen, so they walked me through downloading drivers.

Anyhow, I'm stuck and feeling frustrated. What could my problem be? I have very limited knowledge so please be specific. I wondered if it has something to do with ports, and have been changing some of the settings but still haven't figured it out. I know there have been times where a prompt would appear suggesting that other ports would be faster, but I was not sure what they were telling me to do. Do I simply click on another port and then hit configure? or apply? or ? I'm just really confused.

This Toshiba Satellite laptop appears to have three ports, which I assume are USB, and presently I have my cordless mouse, a keyboard (since I don't like the laptop's keyboard) and the printer plugged into them.

When I go to Control Panel, then Printers, it shows the printer is there and is ready to print (indicated by the green check mark). However, the little printer icon is often not shown in the bottom tray/task bar.

Also, when I go to print something, there doesn't appear to be any documents even shown in the print queue.

Does anyone know what my problem is? Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by MMMarie View Post
    ... I know there have been times where a prompt would appear suggesting that other ports would be faster, but I was not sure what they were telling me to do. Do I simply click on another port and then hit configure? or apply? ...
    Either your Toshiba has USB 2.0 port(s) or it does not.
    There is no "configure" or such.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Yes, it is a USB port.......I have been trying for so long to get the printer working properly that I was grasping for anything that could somehow possibly be wrong.

Anyhow, I ended up unplugging it and am now trying to get my much older HP printer working. Therefore, I posted a new thread.

Thanks for your input.

Thread Information