Ademco Passpoint - can't access cardholder activity
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Ademco Passpoint - can't access cardholder activity

Hybrid View

Unhappy Ademco Passpoint - can't access cardholder activity

Currently running Passpoint Express 1.1 (yeah I know) on Windows XP. I can manage cardholder activity without too much trouble, but except for the realtime event log window, I cannot access any cardholder activity history. When the program was first installed n my old Windows 98 system everything seemed to work ok. Under each cardholder record I can click across the tabs and when you get to the last tab - Events/Activity - you could specify parameters and it would display all the events pertaining to that cardholder. That no longer works; you can request data all day and it can't find any events. Even with setting card trace tag on a cardholder.

The dealer who sold it knows about as much as my 83yrold mother. With the help of my ISD we've tried the fix for the 1.12 file fix, that didn't really apply to us. I'm not even sure where my event data is. Would the fact I dont have a printer assigned to the program have anything to do with it?
    Sorry for rambling.
    Any help very much appreciated.
    Hane

The event history should be in the passpoint/data subdirectory. Look for the files acsevent.db. If I had to hazard a guess, maybe your event database file is too large? check the size of the acsevent.db file, there may be a file size issue. You mat have to archive using the ACS backup tool. That would be my first thought
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Help

Two Questions:

1. Our card numbers have all been duplicated with the user and the number in Passpoint and on the MLB. I think this was throught the "upload" button". Now we can't delete the duplicate entries. It also brought back many deleted users?

2. What size is OK for the acsevent.db database file?

Many thanks!

For the events file, the bigger, the scarier. I have heard of problems when the file approches 2GB in size.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Thread Information