Anyone familar with the PassPoint Express software?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone familar with the PassPoint Express software?

Anyone familar with the PassPoint Express software?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you Administrators out there are familar with the Ademco PassPoint Express software?

My boss somehow deleted most of the cardholder accounts, and we need to get them back! I don't really want to have to put them all in manually.

I have contaced Honeywell (who know deals with Ademco software) but didn't get much feedback from them...I have tried downloading the Cardholder database from the MLB server but still the same thing.

When I go to add a new cardholder though, it does say "17 of 643 cardholders defined." So, I am thinking they just need to be "redefined" somehow.

Any feedback would be great,

jay
    Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.25GHz | Asus K8V SE Deluxe | 1GB PC-3200 Kingston DDR | ATI Radeon X1600 256MB | 200GB Seagate Barracuda SATA | 40GB Western Digital External | Sound Blaster 5.1 with
    Inspire 5300s | Pioneer 106s 16x DVD | LG 16x Super Multi DVD-Writer Dual | Intel Gigabit LAN | Enermax 300Watt | 20.1" Viewsonic LCD 1600x1200 | Windows XP Pro SP2

My 1987 Ford Ranger

He deleted the database? Woah. Usually, what happens is right after you make changes, it downloads them to the MLB. If you've got a backup up the data folder from before the lunacy, you might be ok. Otherwise, you'll have to re-add them. But, there should be a "Batch Add" command, and you enter the first card number and last card number, and it will add all in between. I have the manuals for Pass Point Plus, which is similar, it it will help.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Thanks for your reply,

We have the manuals too, I think we figured her out.

Appreciate it,

Jay
    Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.25GHz | Asus K8V SE Deluxe | 1GB PC-3200 Kingston DDR | ATI Radeon X1600 256MB | 200GB Seagate Barracuda SATA | 40GB Western Digital External | Sound Blaster 5.1 with
    Inspire 5300s | Pioneer 106s 16x DVD | LG 16x Super Multi DVD-Writer Dual | Intel Gigabit LAN | Enermax 300Watt | 20.1" Viewsonic LCD 1600x1200 | Windows XP Pro SP2

My 1987 Ford Ranger

I was just wondering if you knew how to determine unknown card #s?

The reason I ask is, beacuse the cardholder database got wiped, we have to manually input them. I can't really just do a Batch Add as the cards aren't all in consecutive order...over the years keys have been misplaced, replaced, etc...

I have tried swiping the card, then checking the log immediatley afterwards, but all I get is "Access to office door by unkown card"...shouldn't it be listing a Hex number there?

The only time it seems to list the Hex number in the log is when they are denied access to a certian access point.

For some reason, when I right click on the unknown card log, and click CardHolder Details, it always shows the same cardholder...no matter when or which access point, it always says the same cardholder.

Wierd eh?

I'm looking through the manuals now...any feedback would be great,

Thanks

Jay

My 1987 Ford Ranger

If the card isn't learned into the system, it will come up card unknown, and it only shows the hex for cards it knows, and denies. Are there card numbers printed on the card itself? That is the numbers that you'd put into the database, and the system does the hex for them. If the cards are the 34 bit Pass Point supplied cards, there's a number like this xxx-xx-xxxxxxx printed on the back. Do you have any of the boxes the cards came in? The box usually lists the facility code, site code (if there). If there are NO numbers on the cards, it might be easier to turn one of the readers into an enrollment reader (if you don't have one already). Then you could batch swipe the cards in. If you have the ability to go into the Config> Hardware menu, it's a little involved, but you can turn a reader (hopefully the one closest to the PC), into an enrollment reader, swipe in the cards, then change it back to normal. Either way, I'll be glad to help any way I can.

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Anyone know how to reset the date/time settings? My problem is that the date/time events are static and does not display current date/time of the event.

Much thanks

The date and times are static? So when you present a card now, then do it ten minutes later, they come up as the same time? I don't quite understand the issue. Do you need to set the system's time and date? That is the "Set MLB time" command under the Control menu. The events that have occurred will have the time and date they happened on them. Is there some other place you're referring to?

That is correct, the dates and times are static. After resync-ing the MLB, events are recorded statically for example, "10/04/2006: Tuesday 12:00 PM" will be recorded for each and every event until the MLB is reset. Nor does the system date/time has any effect on the event's date/time stamp.

So my questions are...

1. How do I fix it so that the current date/time is stamped on each event?
    2. Is there a battery or perhaps hardware/firmware that needs to be reset or upgraded?

Much regards

I don't think there's a battery to change, because everytime the Passpoint is powered down, it resets to 1 Jan 1997. They've done that for me new out of the box. Does the keypad on the system show (and keep) the correct date and time? If you go into the event browser, do the events have the correct time and date, or the static time/date? Here's something to try:

Shut down Pass point software. Go into the "data" folder (usually c:\program files\ademco\passpoint\data).
    Back up all the contents of that folder to anywhere you'd like
    Inside that folder are 11 files, all named "ACSEVENT" (just with different extensions). Move those files to a different folder
    This (right-click, save target as..) is a zip file that contains those 11 files as they are on a new install. Unzip and copy those into the data folder. Note: These files are your events log. If this works, you will lose your old event log, but nothing else.

EDIT: The .doc file that is in the zip file says to re-install PassPoint, but it's not necessary to correct the event database
    Last edited by Sir Flannel; October 4th, 2006 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Flannel
    I don't think there's a battery to change, because everytime the Passpoint is powered down, it resets to 1 Jan 1997. They've done that for me new out of the box. Does the keypad on the system show (and keep) the correct date and time? If you go into the event browser, do the events have the correct time and date, or the static time/date? Here's something to try:

Shut down Pass point software. Go into the "data" folder (usually c:\program files\ademco\passpoint\data).
    Back up all the contents of that folder to anywhere you'd like
    Inside that folder are 11 files, all named "ACSEVENT" (just with different extensions). Move those files to a different folder
    This (right-click, save target as..) is a zip file that contains those 11 files as they are on a new install. Unzip and copy those into the data folder. Note: These files are your events log. If this works, you will lose your old event log, but nothing else.

EDIT: The .doc file that is in the zip file says to re-install PassPoint, but it's not necessary to correct the event database
    Hello and thanks for the quick reply.

I located the 12v rechargeable battery inside of the control box, had it tested and it turned out to be fine even though the inside panel of the control box said to have it replaced every three years. I replaced it anyway. I also found a flat 3v battery (the type you find on pc motherboards), it turned out to be totally dead...aha, problem solved!

What gets me is the poor design! You'd think that with all this redundancy the date/time would never be an issue.

First you have continuous A/C power through a wall outlet backed by a 12v rechargeable battery. Then you have this 3v battery hidden away behind what looks like a daughtercard of some sort...and it's barely visible. Gee wiz

Wow. Glad you got the problem solved. In the panel, the main logic board is actually the one on the bottom. Never taken the door controller (The top board) off to see the battery. That IS a problem.
    Glad you got it fixed. That's one more for the file

Yeah, me too! I got lucky, the box is mounted in an awkward and inaccessible area, if it wasn't for my skinny technician I would never have been able to spot it! Who would guess there would be yet a third power source hidden away somewhere.

Thanks for your help.

Smile Passpoint

I need someones help Please.

I have an ademco passpoint system using
    34bit ademco cards using card types xxxxxx-xx-xxx

Anyway I have purchased 2 other things that i need help with. I cant seem to figure out the the setup for the Card Technology. The 2 items are

HID ProxCard II
    HID Proxkey II Fob both are 26 bit.
    I have tried all kinds of combinations and cant get them to work anyone have any ideas

Try using 26 bit Prox NCC in the card calculator. On the paperwork that came with the tags and cards, it should list the facility code, which will go in the top box in the card calculator window. Enter the number in the card number field.
    A second option is a bit more involved, and you have to have the installer's password. You can turn one of the readers into an enrollment reader (if you don't already have one). You can then add them in by presenting them to the reader. Much easier to add cards, but harder to set up. Any questions, please ask.

This is what I initially tried and i didnt work. How do I change once of the readers and make them a CEK. Your instructions are greatly appreciated

Thread Information