Drivers for Acer ASpire 5672WLMI
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Drivers for Acer ASpire 5672WLMI

Drivers for Acer ASpire 5672WLMI

Hi,

After having no end of problems (mainly performance and very slow boot time) with my Acer Aspire Laptop due to the extra software acer installs (some of which does not appear in add/remove programs so no uninstall option), I have decided to install Windows XP myself using another copy of XP I have.

Installing and activating with the Serial No on Laptop was no problem, now the drivers is another matter, I have got the main things like Wireless, Motherboard and Graphics Card installed with no problems, but a few items I cannot find any drivers for on Acers website.

Blue Tooth (when enabled asks for the driver disk, but after looking under the Aspire 5670 on Acers website no bluetooth listed!!!)

Unknown device (not sure what this could be all I have got is ACPI\SMCB0001S&1907E21B&0 from the device manager)

CD Writer, tried my old Easy CD Writer, but it cannot see any CD Writer on the machine (This is the most worrying of the lot), not even having any success with XP's basic CD writing support.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks,

Gavin,

There are some utilities out now that will save all your drivers in case of a resinstall. It's a bit late to learn that now, but if you end up still stuck, you could reinstall with Acer's disks, save the drivers, and then go back and install again with your other copy.

Thanks, I will have a look into this, even if I can get all the devices working, it should make life easier for the future.

I've seen one or two free ones at MajorGeeks.

Thanks,

I also have found this one

http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/index.htm

where could i get this drivers man?

Thread Information