[RESOLVED] Passpoint Plus issues
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: [RESOLVED] Passpoint Plus issues

Hybrid View

Thumbs up [RESOLVED] Passpoint Plus issues

Greetings!

I'm a newbie to this forum. I've assumed a position in security and I'm trying to get my arms around our Passpoint Plus system. Our security vendor is MIA. Our challenge is that quite often our DEK's seem to lock up denying access to everyone. We continually reset by powering down the DEK and back up again. The installation manual states this is Release 2.00. what other information do i need to share to try to bring some resolution to this issue? any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Check the power supply battery, and check to make sure the power supply is not being overloaded by the current draw of the locks. I've had that same problem, and taking the load off the power supply (it should only power the DEK) and fresh batteries solved it
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

We will check the draw today and see if that's the problem. we replaced batteries in 07'...should be okay but we'll check those as well...thanks for your advice!!

PassPoint Plus issues

Hello! wondering if you can you help me out please? Currently, i'm experiencing a lot of missing scans from the system. I scan into a reader with my card and it may or may not show up on the event field...very sporadic. I am also unable to run reports. I get an error message that states "insuffcient disk space" file or directory does not exist. Our IT dept. does not have much experience with Passpoint software. They have ruled out any issues with the server. Thoughts?...any help would be appreciated.

Also, where can one find tech support for passpoint now? Our security installer is no longer with us.

thanks,

marc

See if you can archive the event history. The Archive Utility should be in the Program menu for Pass Point. It may take a while if it hasn't been done in a while. Check to see how much disk space is left on the drive where Pass Point is installed, make sure you're not really running out of room. See if those help, also, PM me if you need the User's Guide.

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Thanks for the info, Sir Flannel!! We definately have not been archiving. The IT team said they have now archived this morning, and here is the latest issue since then in their words:

When running the Archive Tool, I set the date and click go. Within 5-10 seconds, I get the error “Insufficient disk space”. However, there is 60GB free space on the C: drive of the server (where the PassPoint install is and the archive folder is located). I think 60GB would be sufficient free space. It doesn’t matter what dates I enter, I always get the error. Also, please note that when I run the Archive tool, it does start creating the archive folders (C:\Program Files\Ademco\PassPoint Plus\Data\Archive\ACS20110329) with data in them.

any other suggestions you might have for them? I very much appreciate your thoughts and help!!

Thanks,

Hoolie

Ok... you might have run into a database file size limit or similar. I am want to say there is a 2GB file size limit (because I ran into that problem with a similar system). It may be possible to fix the problem... at the cost of the event history. The files themselves can be saved, but I know of know way to access them except through the Pass Point program.

Yes... the database is definately overwhelmed to the point where we can't do the archiving. So, are you saying we need to ditch the history to get past this?...and how do we go about that? Thanks again for your help!

hoolie

Ok, in the Passpoint/data folder, there are 11 files named acsevents.*** (each has a different extension). Make sure Pass Point is not running, and you can copy those files to a different location, and replace them with the 11 new files from the zip file found here. After that, you will have an empty event history, but that should solve the problem. You can keep the old files seperately, maybe with a note of what they are, but I know of no way to view them anywhere else.
    Last edited by Sir Flannel; March 30th, 2011 at 05:55 PM.

Got it! We got the history moved over and the system runs like a gem again. We still can't seem to run reports with the archived file, but it doesn't matter. I was just interested in getting the system operational again. We are now set up to archive monthly going forward. I'm not seeing any missing scans and we are not getting the error messages when we run reports within the current system!

Thanks a ton for taking the time to help us out!! You're awesome!!

hoolie

My guess is that any archive you tried to make from the overloaded history database will probably be unusable, since because it couldn't process the file, it couldn't use it to produce a valid archive. I think monthly archiving might be a tad extreme, unless you have tens of thousands of card reads, but, it's up to you. Glad I could help

As for finding another service company, I would suggest calling around. There will probably be companies that will GLADLY sell you on an upgrade, but you might find one of the local companies willing to get replacement parts, provide service as needed, etc. Pass Point is now owned by Honeywell, which has manuals and other docs here. There are also numbers that you can call for Honeywell, which could also help to point you in the direction of a service company in your area.

Card readers

Hello Sir Flannel!

I'm curious if you have a favorite proximity card reader that has worked well for you? I'm not even sure of the model i'm currently using with our PassPoint Plus system. It uses the 32bit hex prox cards. I would like to look at a couple of other styles. Any thoughts would be welcome...thanks!

hoolie

If I had to choose one, it would be the standard 26 bit prox card format, because it's universal. Pass Point uses 34 bit cards by default, GE's Diamond II uses 37 bit cards, some others use 32, etc etc etc. But most of them can also use the standard 26 bit format.

I hope this is the right place for this, but I have a Passpoint Plus 2.1 system running on an XP box. When I try to run a report (or Rep.exe directly) I get an access violation (Access violation error at address 00515060 in module "Rep.exe"). Anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Thanks!

Thread Information