Windows 7 UAC.. is that it?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Windows 7 UAC.. is that it?

Windows 7 UAC.. is that it?

Just getting used to Windows 7, and I have a question about the UAC. Is that all my choices?? I have one program that loads on startup that always requires my approval. Is there some way to give a constant consent without having to turn UAC off? It seems I have a choice between block everything period, ask me every time (block screen), ask me every time (with a little icon), or don't stop anything, ever?
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

At least UAC is better in 7 than it was in Vista; you needed a UAC approval to approve a UAC action.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

I've got it set on defaut. It seems the difference between the two middle ones is that the higher level shows me on the screen, and the lower setting doesn't show me. I wish there was a "remember my decision" kind of button. If I set it to run as admin, will that prevent me from having to approve every single time?

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Following response found in the net:

...You could also right click the icon/program you want to run and "run as administrator" it should only ask you once in uac that way.

Another mention,
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I can't stand UAC. First thing I turn off after a clean install of Vista or 7.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Ok, minor update. I tried running the program as administrator, no joy. I haven't tried the other option, I will try that soon. Thanks for the replies so far, I do appreciate the brain power

Thread Information