Is Hardware Central Dying? - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

View Poll Results: Is Hardware Central Dying?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 21.43%
  • No

11 78.57%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Hardware Central Dying?

Yeah, whit the corruption of google search whit mass selling site, forum are the last good place to search real information quickly. Long live HWC !

I mean in 1997 when I was searching a driver I did'nt have to go trough 100 pages of site trying to sell me a recent video card. Just to find the 1 site that had the driver. Or the same whit a problem, it seem today the only thing google can find fast is good deal, and malware definition.
    [SIZE=1]Technoplume
    Asus Crosshair 1, AMD 4800+ x2, 4G RAM
    BFG GTX 260, Acer AL2216W, ViewSonic VT2342
    Haf Full tower, Watercool Thermatake / Cooler Master
    3.3Tb ( 1gi Raid, 0.3 backup, 2tb External )
    G13, G110, G500, X-540
    750 W0117 Thermaltake Active Toughpower

Most of what I know about computers started here; the best place for help and advice with the friendliest people. Anandtech can be OK, but there are far too many condescending little snot nosed brats to flip **** for no real reason other than to be asses. It has slowed down so much here but it is still a great site. I actually ought to spend more time here helping and contributing because this place gave me my start. Maybe I will but it likely won't be today

Quote Originally Posted by tarez View Post
    The forums have been dying for years and its popularity peaked log ago.

Looks like I was last here on Dec 2007.....woot!
    HEY MAN!!! Long time no see! Good to know you're alive and well!

R.i.p.

jadinolf®

the site needs a redesign imo. its been too long without any significant growth, so its not like people are going to just start jumping in now.

make the site easier to read by allowing it to extend all the way horizontally. that internet news stuff on the side is just awful.

and without regular product updates and news about whats going on in the tech world, youre relying on members to provide the content for the forums and it just wont work that way. look at the way hardocp does it, i mean there are countless reasons to hate that website but at least they know how to draw members in. they do hardware bench tests, product news is updated everyday in the forums and they have a definite theme (they claim to be the most hardcore tech site blah blah).

from what i see now with hardwarecentral is exactly the same as i saw a decade ago, and it simply never evolved with the times. if internet.com really wants to keep this forum alive, they need to hire one or two people to really push new threads containing useful content every single day. only then will the members start to join, as discussion about the new topics and research will be irresistible.

just my opinion!

Thumbs up WOW!!! where's the help and traffic to this site

What has happened to this site???!!! There is hardly anyone that's around anymore to help with anything other than the simple requests!

All the questions seemed to get answered...
    CPU: Athlon X2 7850 Blackbox edition o/c'd to 3400mhz
    Motherboard: Asus M2N68-AM SE2
    Memory: 4gb Kingston KVR RAM
    Video: BFG Geforce gtx 260 oc v2
    Hard Drives: 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, 500GB WD, 320GB WD, 320GB WD 250GB WD, 250GB Seagate
    Case: APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel case
    Power Supply: OCZ 700W StealthXStream Power Supply
    Optical: 22x LG DVD R/W

Already Asked and Answered

Is Hardware Central Dying?
    http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...d.php?t=182416

There have been tons of new sites....Even the hardware and software companies have their own sites no adays etc...

The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind....
    "Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

They started to kill of HWC a few years back when they originally took away the general chat section. A lot of people left because of that. Once they actually reinstated it, it was too late.
    Hard Drives: 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, 500GB WD, 320GB WD, 320GB WD 250GB WD, 250GB Seagate

Yeah.

Almost ten years ago, to this month.
    Off topic forum???? Gone???

So any good proposals for bringing all the old members back? The person responsible for the closure is long gone.... I say just bury the hatchet and start posting again.

I miss reading Outlaw69 posts even after all these years....
    "Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

To this day i've got mixed emotions about egrevstad's decision to close the forum (and about egrevstad himself), i believe thats what started the general decline and flight. Christ, i've been here over 10yrs.. lots of fond memories too
    R.I.P Rangeral, To one of HWC's best moderators and a great guy

By the way, what does BTW stand for?

It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

Despite HWC having been in apparent terminal decline for a number of years now, it's funny how many of us are obviously still lurking, and do chime in when there's something worth commenting on.

I was a bit too late (Feb 03) to see the OT forum in its original incarnation - was it a really as out-of-hand as the above thread suggests?
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Looks like the OT forum died early 2001... And I kind of remember it being pretty wild.

Another sister site lost their OT forum around the same time and has since rebounded... A different sister site killed off most of the OT members and is equally slow as HWC

But as the early part of this thread pointed out, there are many reasons why sites in general have slowed down.

I don't think the off-topic forums were that badly out of control. It's either have fun and get a lot of visitors or be stuffy and get hardly any. They opted for the latter.

Maybe we need to start some good vs threads and some actual chat about products. The worst part is that I believe that everyone concedes the fact that Intel do have better performance that AMD but AMD still has the best bang for the buck

Thread Information