Is Hardware Central Dying?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

View Poll Results: Is Hardware Central Dying?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 21.43%
  • No

11 78.57%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Hardware Central Dying?

Is Hardware Central Dying?

Is Hardware Central dying?

It just seems to be a ghost town with topics and replies over the past year.
    Whats your opinion?

Cheers, Matt
    Comp specs:
    AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core BE (2.6ghz)
    512MB MSI 9800GTX+ GPU
    Gigabyte M750SLI-DS4 Motherboard
    4 gb DDR2 800 PC6400 Kingston Ram
    500Gb SEAGATE Sata 32mb HDD II
    ANTEC Twelve Hundred Case
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    HX620W Corsair PSU

I don't think HWC will ever 'die', old members seem to be coming by more these days but times have certainly changed throughout the web since I joined up however I still find this place has the best answers to my questions so that is why I always come back...and some good memories too

totally agreed
    cheers.....

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldog View Post
    I don't think HWC will ever 'die', old members seem to be coming by more these days but times have certainly changed throughout the web since I joined up however I still find this place has the best answers to my questions so that is why I always come back...and some good memories too

as I've said before, forums themselves are not as popular as they were. They have been supplanted by social networking sites, at least for a portion of their function. At one time forums such as this, in addition to answering technical questions, served as a social outlet. That's not as true as it once was.

The 1/3 page of Advertising Spam doesn't help, as for myself I am getting tired of seeing it get larger, and frankly it is annoying. LOL We still come up with some great answers for people's problems, but something has to be done about all of this advertising junk.
    486 CPU/32MB Memory/Windows 3.11(it rocks!) Sigh.........the good ol Days........

What ads? The ones I "tune out" I don't see

A thought came to me, with all the "Junk Websites", the 50 million or so, "Auto-Updates", Spyware and people turning their Computer into a Stereo, TV, Movie Theatre, Cell Phone, PDA, etc..,, they just don't have enough Memory, CPU, or Network bandwidth to connect to Hardware Central!!!!
    486 CPU/32MB Memory/Windows 3.11(it rocks!) Sigh.........the good ol Days........

Quote Originally Posted by Perce View Post
    The 1/3 page of Advertising Spam doesn't help, as for myself I am getting tired of seeing it get larger, and frankly it is annoying. LOL We still come up with some great answers for people's problems, but something has to be done about all of this advertising junk.
    all we can do is take down the forum, because that's what supports it. Also, it has not gotten larger. It's been the same size for the past four years.

I still return from time to time. It does seem like traffic has slowed, but I don't think it'll just die. If it did, where would our folding team go???
    AMD AM2 5600+ Arctic Cooling Freezer 64Pro Asus M2N 2gb Corsair XMS2 250gb SATA Seagate Barracuda XFX GTX260 Core 216 LeadTek PVR2000 Capture Card CoolerMaster Centurian 5 case Corsair VX550 PSU 19' DCL LCD Vista Home Premium 64

Folding@Home Stats Join the Team

If it did, where would our folding team go???
    I'd hate to have to restart the points from scratch. I think we could keep folding for HWC, even if the forum was to close.
    Gilles Lussier

HWC Folding@Home Team

we have no plans to close it. Just think of this period as being equivalent to the middle to late 90s in the NHL. The game was at an all time low in popularity, but it survived.

I think it's a good sing that show the improvement of product quality out there in the industry. Also since a few years back, computer price drop down a lot and became really accessible to everyone that only need there facebook account. Those of us who like to build there system are just getting new part that have less compatibility issue. Also there is so much help needed whit software and security issue now that hardware seen to be put on the second line. Over all HWC is still the best forum I found out there.
    [SIZE=1]Technoplume
    Asus Crosshair 1, AMD 4800+ x2, 4G RAM
    BFG GTX 260, Acer AL2216W, ViewSonic VT2342
    Haf Full tower, Watercool Thermatake / Cooler Master
    3.3Tb ( 1gi Raid, 0.3 backup, 2tb External )
    G13, G110, G500, X-540
    750 W0117 Thermaltake Active Toughpower

The forums have been dying for years and its popularity peaked log ago.

Looks like I was last here on Dec 2007.....woot!
    When in doubt break out the sledge hammer....

Forums in general have lost popularity because of the advent of social networking sites. They fulfill what was once a part of the domain of forums, online social activity.

Well I'm glad it's still here after all these years. I used to use this site for a lot of pc help and boy did I need it, and I see the Abit KT7 is still a topic (seems a little old to me now).
    btw.I still have my Abit KT7. still works on last boot up several years ago.

I haven't been here at this site since Novemeber 2004. Man it seems time flys on by.
    Asus P4C800E Deluxe
    P4 3.2@3.6
    ATI 9800XT 256MB
    SB Audigy 2 5.1
    WindowsXP
    1Gig Corsair pc4400
    Sony DRU 500 DVDRW
    Asus CDRW
    Viewsonic P95f
    WD 74G Raptor-Sata
    Antec True Power 550W

Thread Information