Voodoo3 x Quake 2/3 Problems
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Voodoo3 x Quake 2/3 Problems

Voodoo3 x Quake 2/3 Problems

Hello ALL..

Finally my V3 2000 has arrived.. perfect in Fifa 99 and NFS3..

But to play Quake 2, I had to download the new version of the V3 drivers that is compatible with Q3 Test. I also had to setup my desktop to 16bits colors..then I configure Quake 2 as 3dfx OpenGL, and it's blazing fast at 640x480 and 800x600 (more than 100 fps in demo1.dm2). But when I setup 1024x768 it simply don't recognize and switch back to Software Renderer.

If I choose Default OpenGL it works in all resolutions, but it gets extremely slower (about 70 fps in 640x480). What's wrong ?

In Quake 3, it doesn't recognize my OpenGL System and aborts..

Any owner of Voodoo3 play these two games (Quake 2 and 3) and experienced problems like these ??

TKS in advice..

Well unfortunately I havent, but what kind of system do you have, sounds like an intel system? I have an amd and running quake2 is a little different with me cause of the 3dnow patch for it. But I have other friends, 2 to be exact that have used those drivers and have had no problem what so ever, get back and leave your system specs, maybe then I can help, if its an amd system I got a solution possibly

Another thing is you shouldnt have to use the quake3 opengl drivers at all to play quake2, quake2 should have run with the drivers from the box, its possible that, if you had a voodoo2 in there before then there could be a conflict with the old drivers

[This message has been edited by Vidfreek (edited 05-26-99).]
    Vidfreek:
    I have gone to look for myself, If I get back before I return.....Keep me here

Vidfreek,

The specs of my system are:
    Abit BX6 rev 2 Mobo
    Celeron 333@500
    128Mb Siemens CAS2 PC100
    Quantum Fireball CR
    Diamond MX300

My old card was a Diamond Viper 550, so I don't have any old voodoo driver installed.

hmmmm.... this is a good question, both of my friends have an overclocked celery and have no problem. I dont know how to help you on this one, sorry.

Another thing you could always try and give your computer a redo, save all your stuff and trash it, its an option. There might be something in there that is messing stuff up, of course you dont have to do it, I do it quite often, feels good to have a clean system and know that everything is running optimally. Just a thought.
    ------------------
    Chaz (Vidfreek)

[This message has been edited by Vidfreek (edited 05-26-99).]
    Vidfreek:
    I have gone to look for myself, If I get back before I return.....Keep me here

Thread Information