will mron 400w smps give enough power to msi9800gt
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: will mron 400w smps give enough power to msi9800gt

will mron 400w smps give enough power to msi9800gt

i recently purchased msi9800gt graphic card which require 400w system power supply and a 6pin pcie power connector
    Source in specification section of this page
    htp://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_9800gt_us.html

my system has
    Mron commet cabinet with 400w smps
    D945GCNL Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core2Duo 2.2 Processor
    2 GB DDR2 Ram
    160 GB Hitachi sata HDD
    DVD RW

i want to know will this smps give enough power to 9800gt graphic card to run perfectly bcz i know some smps give less power then written on it

thanks in advance

I think you should be able to, I did use a 300watts Enermax power supply with an bfg8800gt for a few weeks without issue.
    Gilles Lussier

HWC Folding@Home Team

I have powered an 8800GTS from a 380 watt Antec. It lasted just over a year but the Quad core processor(Q6600) was maxed out @ 100% 24x7 also.

can anyone tel me cheap(i mean very cheap ) 500W psu with 12v of 28a

By very cheap, you mean what. If you are going to buy a very cheap 500w, you might as well use what you have now, save some and later buy a better power supply.
    Gilles Lussier

HWC Folding@Home Team

Your location influences your options. From searching your query, I assume you are in India.

There is a tag line in a commercial that says," You can pay me now or Pay me later." Look for a quality company and buy their product.

I prefer Silverstone or Corsair HX series. I am not sure what is available in your location.

Quote Originally Posted by jamshed View Post
    can anyone tel me cheap(i mean very cheap ) 500W psu with 12v of 28a
    Do you understand the importance of power supplies? It's the one computer component in which you don't always get what is advertised on the box, so I'd advise against picking up anything that's not a name brand and doesn't cost you at least $50. Thermaltake, OCZ, Tagan, PC Power & Cooling, Corsair, Antec, Enermax, Silverstone and Seasonic are just a few of the quality names in the power supply business.

You won't need a 500w power supply to run that card. A decent 430w or above power supply will do the job just fine.

Antec EarthWatts 430w would be fine. I'd even say that some of the Rosewill power supplies would do the job too. I'd never have recommended a Rosewill product a few years ago, but as hard as it is to believe they make a lot of very good stuff for the price. Even guys like Johnny Guru who tests power supplies for a living has some good things to say about some of their units, so you might consider one of them if you don't have a lot of cash to spare. I have a Rosewill 600w power supply that runs one of my computers (picked it up for almost nothing at newegg last year) and it runs everything just fine.
    Abit IP35 Pro
    Intel E6850 cpu @ 3.6ghz
    ASUS EAH4850
    WD Caviar Black 750 gig hdd
    Seagate 250 gig hdd x 3
    G.Skill DDR2 1100 x 4 gigs, 5-5-5-15
    OCZ 600w gamexstream psu
    SoundBlaster XI-FI XtremeMusic
    Creative GigaWorks G500 speakers
    Antec Sonata II case
    22" Samgsung LCD
    Win 7 Ultimate 64

I'll second what evimoore said. A cheap generic psu will not deliver all of its advertised wattage. A quality brand will, and will deliver it without a lot of ripple in the output, and with overload protection. It will shut down if it's overloaded or overheated. A cheap generic will often blow up, and may take other parts with it.
    A brand to look for in the budget category that's available here is Sparkle, made by FSP (Fortron Source).

Thread Information