Acer 5100 cd/dvd drive not showing
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Acer 5100 cd/dvd drive not showing

Acer 5100 cd/dvd drive not showing

My problem is similar to the one in this link http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ight=Acer+5100

I have gone through my bios and all and it is the same showing "6. USB CDROM. I have detatched my cd drive already. A big problem I was having when I first got my laptop was the drive fell out because it was missing the screw. Could this have caused the connectors to become damaged and fail? Also could this be a motherboard issue? I know ive read alot that this model having problems with the cd drive disappearing among other issues which I dont experience any besides this.

Any ideas? Should I just replace the drive?

Bump.

If the drive has physical damage, there isn't much we can do. Swap it out to see if that fixes the problem. The obvious answer is usually the correct one.

thankys for your response. yea I think I have a cd drive that I can try. Im just hoping its not the port ( i guess that would be proper term) on the mother board. Otherwise for 2.5 yrs this laptop rules. If anyone eles has this issue with the Acer 5100 and know a way of fixing it without throwing it into a wall. Please share. Thanks

mine did the same thing but when i went into device manager, it had a yellow exclamation beside it and said "Couldn't load drivers..(blah blah)" "Code 39" i did a search for a fix it, and i fixed it! Go into y our device manager and check that. if it comes up and says "Code 39" you can fix it yourself and it isnt a headache. Go here and it will explain a fix for Vista and XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Thread Information