CD Code
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: CD Code

CD Code

Hallo, this is my first post on this forum!
    I need to know if there exists any code on burned CD which make possible to know what is the CD device (not the brand but the single unit) that burned it.
    Thanks

Not quite understand what you mean by the single unit? I ddoubt that you can reconstruct any information about the device that burned the CD. Is it a forensic stuff? If this is very serious you should psot in MSDN Visual C# General forum. If there is any chance that what you are looking for is possible that place will be the best to get the answer.
    Last edited by alexBB; May 16th, 2009 at 03:46 PM.
    AlexBB

DELL G-280 3.8GHz CPU, 4GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 120GB HDD.
    DELL T7400 3.0GHz Quad CPU, 4GB RAM, 300GB 15K SATA HDD, Seagate 1.5TB Barracuda SATA HDD SATA optical drive
    DELL R5400 Two 3.0GHz Quad CPUs. 4GB RAM, 300GB WD Velociraptor SATA HDD, Seagate1.5TB Barracuda SATA HDD, Optical Drive.

Thanks for replying!
    Strictly speaking is not for foresinc purpose, I wnat to demonstrate that a CD I have was burned on a particular CD drive.
    I will try your suggestion!

I am one hundred fifty percent certain it is impossible.
    AlexBB

DELL G-280 3.8GHz CPU, 4GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 120GB HDD.
    DELL T7400 3.0GHz Quad CPU, 4GB RAM, 300GB 15K SATA HDD, Seagate 1.5TB Barracuda SATA HDD SATA optical drive
    DELL R5400 Two 3.0GHz Quad CPUs. 4GB RAM, 300GB WD Velociraptor SATA HDD, Seagate1.5TB Barracuda SATA HDD, Optical Drive.

Thread Information