video is choppy and out sync
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: video is choppy and out sync

Hybrid View

video is choppy and out sync

hey all, lately the videos that i watch on my laptop have been getting choppy and out of sync. like when i watch flash based shows on websites, after 10-20mins. the video will get choppy or out of sync. also, when i watch downloaded movies or tv shows with windows media player the video will always get choppy or out sync within the first 15min. i've tried different codecs and restarting the comp. the only program that doesn't do this to the videos is vlc player, but i don't like the quality of this player.

i've reinstalled windows many times, tried windows 7 and tried different video drivers (official releases and modded ones) with the same results. this problem just started to happen in the last 6 months. is my video card about to die or something. i've had this laptop for a year and a half and only started to encounter these problems recently. wondering if SP1 had anything to do with it? i'm just frustrated and annoyed, ready to buy a new laptop.

HP Pavilion dv2745se
    nvidia geforce 7150m
    Windows Vista 32bits SP1

Have you tried using nvidia ref drivers? nvidia is currently supporting laptops now with new drivers out a few times/year (unlike hp who never update their drivers).

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce...9.48_beta.html
    Last edited by Huge; April 26th, 2009 at 09:48 AM.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Zotac 970 GTX 4gB SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz, 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs.

oh my god, thanks. i stopped checking the nvidia and hp site along time ago. i just thought they gave up on the card.

well i tried the driver and the choppiness has stopped for media player, but youtube hd is still really choppy. so think its just the comp.

i just have two more questions. the first is, i used to be able to resize the videos to 1920 resolution without difficulty, through ffdshow, which made the picture just that much better looking, but now the video is just really choppy when i try to do it. it was funny because it lasted for half a year, but now it can't even resize the video past 720 resolution. now, i can't do it anymore, did i burn something out on the video card? why am i not able to do this anymore?

also, is there a way i can buy a new more powerful video card?

Thread Information