tnt2, savage4, g400max, v3 its driving me crazy
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: tnt2, savage4, g400max, v3 its driving me crazy

tnt2, savage4, g400max, v3 its driving me crazy

which darn card should you choose all seem to be good at something...

I heard a lot of good **** about the TNT2 but if you have a AMD processor go with the Voodoo3 because of its support for the processor. The G400MAX kicks ***! I heard that its faster than the TNT2 and looks better, but it costs a lot!

i agree with BiOtCH.

The G400 seems look very good but will expensive. Some bench for the G400 vs TNT2:
    http://www.kbench.co.kr/korean/mouse...k_results.html

If u have cash, wait and take the G400
    Martin

It's funny because everyone used to fork out over $200.00 for a VooDoo2 a year ago, and now eveyone's spooked about paying for an Awesome card for either $149.00 or $199.00. I'd wait a little bit longer to hear more about the Matrox, but I believe it'll be the quiet champion. The best without the welcoming party.
    NEVER: tell a boardroom full of Australian's, "I'll be rootin' for ya!"

Jeffy79 Guest
    I will probably buy the G400 because with my last matrox mystique I had no driver probs or kickouts. But this TNT card does suck big time. I never had a freeze with the old matrox card. But oh heck new games I just bought it works excellent with. F22 lighting 3, Delta force, F22 ADF, IAF (janes). All good games but I need a new joystick it throws the plane around.

Jeff

I agree with Biotch in that the V3 is better for AMD and TNT2 for PII, PIII. The G400 is slower at lower resolutions(1024x768 and under) than the V3 and TNT2. Check out some benchmarks at www.anandtech.com and www.sharkyextreme.com

I could not wait any longer for other video cards to become available so I bought myself a V3-3000 with an AMD K6-3 400 Mhz on a Gigabyte MB. The V3 was an OEM product so I did not pay too much. I could not believe my eyes when I threw Unreal on it. The graphics and speed it has at high resolutions is a dream. NFS3 looks awesome to say the least. (I still only loaded the original drivers)
    I met two gamers that actually work for Creative(distribution) that bought themselves V3-3000's - makes you wonder.., doesn't it?

K6-3s and Voodoo3s work great together for games. Now that K6-3 prices have dropped. Its now the best bang for the buck.

------------------
    Get KALI @ www.kali.net
    Life is too short to be pissed off.

Get KALI @ www.kali.net

hmm I couldn't wait for the g400, i uppgraded the gfx card on my pIII 585 from a first generation Mystique to a tnt 2 but i bought the Viper770 that was the only one they had.. seems everybody is talking about the 3d blaster!! which one is better?

hate gfx cards they are even more terrible to buy than cpu's!

DEANRIL Guest
    You would have had a better vid card with the v3 3000,bundle comes with $200 worth of software,dvd,tv out,all in all much better card.

And to make something clear its NOT v3=AMD ,it V3 for all k6-200 to PIII 585.Maybe you can return the TNT2 viper 770.

But if you must havr a TNT2 go to www.pricewatch.com and you can get the best price on the fastest one the HERCULES TNT2 ULTRA,but if your gonna go with a card that has only 2 api's I would get the G400 it smokes the tnt2 ultra.

Thread Information