issues with my CRT
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: issues with my CRT

issues with my CRT

ok... everyone in my house has an LCD except of course yours truely.....

anyways.. it's a 17in MAG crt (yes it's hugh, and yes it takes up alot of real estate), it's probably close to 10yrs old, but works great, well i think it still does at least

anyways.. it keeps fading to like a pinkish color, or sometimes like a light purple shade (this happens daily).. what i have to do is kick the darn monitor cable and the color comes back... i've checked the connection into the video card and it's plugged-in there solid (this also was happening with my previous video card i had a few months ago.. so i don't think it's a video card issue)

ideas???
    The Truth Is Out There....Trust No One

WinXP home SP3
    Abit KV7V w/AMD2900+
    512RAM
    400watt PS
    ATI x1650pro 512meg AGP
    Zonealarm
    Avast antivirus

I'm guessing that you will be joining the rest of the household with a new LCD...
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

It sounds like you're losing one colour of the three. It could be in the cable or one of the connections at each end, or I recall reading of some monitors losing an electronic component in the small card at the end of the gun (small end of the tube) which caused loss of a colour. Whatever the reason, the end result will be Shinma's response.
    I picked up a 17" lcd for $20 at a yard sale this summer. That's the ultimate death knell for the crt monitor.

10 years is way past the normal life of a CRT. Start shopping now.

WAY past time for a LCD I would say.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

yeah yeah... i hear ya

is 21in LCD too BIG??? i mainly surf/email and occasional game.. nothing much more than that.

The native resolution is going to be around 1600x1050, so your video card would need to handle that. You get used to the extra real estate pretty quick.

Thread Information