Cooler Master Elite 341 front I/O panel
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Cooler Master Elite 341 front I/O panel

Cooler Master Elite 341 front I/O panel

I'm considering purchasing the Cooler Master Elite 341 microATX case. The front I/O panel has 2 built-in USB ports and 2 audio ports. It also has cutouts for IEEE 1394 and eSata connections. My motherboard has available headers for both of these. I'm looking for a good supplier of these 2 internal connectors and also any tips or info on how to attach them to the panel as there does appear to be any fastener holes.

I've found one supplier, frontx.com, that has IEEE 1394 internal connectors but does not carry eSata connectors. Neither option appears to be easily connected to the Elite 341 I/O front panel.
    Option 1:

Option 2:

Any information appreciated in advance.

Highcountryrider
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.

Considering overall costs,
    More cost effective to purchase another chassis with appropriate/desired front panel connectors.
    eg. Antec Mini P180

If intent on using the Coolermaster chassis stated,
    You can contact Coolermaster for desired front connectors.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinma View Post
    Considering overall costs,
    More cost effective to purchase another chassis with appropriate/desired front panel connectors.
    eg. Antec Mini P180

If intent on using the Coolermaster chassis stated,
    You can contact Coolermaster for desired front connectors.
    Thanks for the reply. Hardly more cost effective: CM Elite 341 @ $43 and the Antec Mini P180 @ $126. Plus the 341 has a Firewire port (one of the connectors I'm trying to get) on the front I/O panel which the Mini P180 does not. A lot easier to plug the video camera in there then the back I/O panel.

Good tip on contacting CoolerMaster though.

If you want to stay with Cooler Master and not pay too much, there's many models in the Centurion 5 series with the FireWire input on the front, and those starts at $50. I bought a Centurion 534 for a secondary system and I'm really pleased with the quality for the price

However, I wouldn't get my hopes up for finding many "budget" cases with front eSata ports. After a quick search the cases I found with that feature were in the $150+ range. You can also add this, though it's not as elegant as directly on the case.

Core i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell U2415

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

Quote Originally Posted by equinoxe3d View Post
    If you want to stay with Cooler Master and not pay too much, there's many models in the Centurion 5 series with the FireWire input on the front, and those starts at $50. I bought a Centurion 534 for a secondary system and I'm really pleased with the quality for the price
    Thanks for the reply. I'm really trying to stay with the microATX case format. Restricted space requires a case no higher then 16 inches and no deeper then 17 inches. The 341 measures in at 15.75"D x 7.28"W x 14.37"H.
    Quote Originally Posted by equinoxe3d View Post
    However, I wouldn't get my hopes up for finding many "budget" cases with front eSata ports. After a quick search the cases I found with that feature were in the $150+ range. You can also add this, though it's not as elegant as directly on the case.
    I could live without the front eSata (room in the rear for an eSata bracket) but the front Firewire is important as it allows easy connection for a video camera. I'm really hoping someone knows of a good aftermarket cable supplier where I can find the necessary internal cables and make the 341 work.

Oops, forgot about the mATX requirement

For the 341 case + internal cable, the best would be to contact Cooler Master as Shinma suggested. Otherwise, maybe rigging the Option #2 cable could work, but there's not much space on each side so mounting options are rather limited.

Core i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell U2415

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

I think I found a solution that might work. The image below is an item available from the CoolerMaster Store. Looks like I could take the eSata and Firewire cables from this and mount them on the 341 panel. Probably have to gorilla glue them in as there doesn't appear to be any way to mount them with fasteners.

It would be great if I could just swap this panel with the one in the 341 but as you can see the 341 panel is not a 5.25" bay. I'll be using the 2 external 5.25" bays for a DVD/RW and a fan controller.

Thread Information