No audio video !
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: No audio video !

Hybrid View

No audio video !

All on a sudden my Samsung CDDVD writer has stopped playing, even detecting all video audio cd and dvds! Now it even doesn’t read blank dvd. But it still plays bootable cd and other data dvds. What can be the problem? Can you give me any clue, please?

To confirm whether or not it is a software or a hardware issue, try downloading VLC Player and use that to play any discs you've been having trouble with.

VLC Player doesn't rely on system codecs, so it avoids many possible software issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bink View Post
    To confirm whether or not it is a software or a hardware issue, try downloading VLC Player and use that to play any discs you've been having trouble with.

VLC Player doesn't rely on system codecs, so it avoids many possible software issues.
    Using VLC. But no improvement. It cant even detect audio video discs. Playing is so far . . . Cant find any clue

When you say "it still plays bootable cd and other data dvds", might you be referring to any DVD drive usage outside of Windows?

Is the bootable DVD/CD still readable once you're in Windows?

Also, I'm a bit confused by this comment, "Playing is so far . . .". Could you elaborate a bit more on what specifically is, and isn't working and what OS it is or isn't working under?

Go to start, run, type in services.msc; then scroll down down until you find windows audio. Right click windows audio and select properties, then look for where it says startup type, make sure that selection is set to automatic. Make sure you restart after doing this.
    This should be the fix to it.

Also check:

1. Check with either the computer mfgr or mobo mfgr website for the correct driver
    2. Go under Control Panel/System/Device Manager and delete all Sound controllers and then reboot and let WinXP search for them (both via the internet and on the computer. I've had better than a 95% success rate at correcting this issue using this method.

If applicable,
    Test the Samsung DVD writer in another verified working system.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information