Asus P5Q3 Memory Help....
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Asus P5Q3 Memory Help....

Asus P5Q3 Memory Help....

Good evening everyone, I'm currently working on building my second computer and have run into a bit of a snag. I am confused with selecting this memory and what memory to select so I dont run into any further problems. This is the build I have compiled so far.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Wolfdale 3.33GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler

ASUS P5Q3 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - (not the deluxe version)

KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-700MA1S 700W ATX / BTX SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply

SAPPHIRE 100251SR Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Now, my problem with memory, I am not exactly sure what to choose. I am looking for around 4GB. I know 1333MHz FSB should be the standard choice, but should I go with 1600MHz, and if so, would that work without having to overclock my processor? ( I am looking into possibly OC though). So if anyone could please answer my question, recommend any memory that would work great with this set up, or just has any other opinions or comments I would be more than grateful. Thank you.

To get some ideas as to specs and those already tested,
    You can use the following link for reference,
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Two suggestions for your build:

Zalman are not the quietest hsf. SPCR (link below) are the experts on this. Read their tests and recommendations.

If I were to spend $155 on a psu, it wouldn't be named Kingwin. Corsair, Seasonic, Enermax, PC Power & Cooling. SPCR has rigourous tests, and the link below has links to other good testing sites. I looked at the specs at Newegg you linked and the efficiency was pathetic. Lower efficiency means waste heat that has to be removed by higher and noisier fan speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by DanceMan View Post
    Two suggestions for your build:

Zalman are not the quietest hsf. SPCR (link below) are the experts on this. Read their tests and recommendations.

If I were to spend $155 on a psu, it wouldn't be named Kingwin. Corsair, Seasonic, Enermax, PC Power & Cooling. SPCR has rigourous tests, and the link below has links to other good testing sites. I looked at the specs at Newegg you linked and the efficiency was pathetic. Lower efficiency means waste heat that has to be removed by higher and noisier fan speeds.
    Hmm well, I cant say noise will bother me too much, the HD 4870 X2 will already make enough noise on its own to drown out anything else, and that Zalman is a great HS. However I didn't notice the efficiency on that PSU and will look into another one. Thanks

Thread Information