Looking for help with video or maybe tv card
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Looking for help with video or maybe tv card

Looking for help with video or maybe tv card

I've got a visiontek xge 512 meg video card. It's the radeon X1300. And I have a ati tv tuner card. I have updated both sets of drivers. Now it sometimes happens when I'm not on it but it alway's happens when I am on it. While I'm surfing I have the tv on and the picture will freeze and so will the pc but for the cursor. Then I get a out of range error on the monitor. Now my refresh rate on it is at 60hz and I'm using a starlogic 19" wdiescreen lcd. I've had it for over a year now and it worked fine before. But when I upgraded to the newer cards I keep having this problem. I'm running xp pro sp3 with all current updates. Got 1gig ram, and a amd 64 processor. So the power is there. I have checked all the specs that I can find and I have been researching on the net and I still can't fix it. Can anyone help me fix this.
    Thanks in advance.

Smile

I would suggest upgrade the BIOs and install the chipset driver again for your mainboard and reboot to take effect.
    Then reinstall the drivers for each card and reboot before adding the other card.

When upgrading the Bios, please make sure backup the Bios.
    If you do not want to flash the latest BIOS, simply reset the BIOs and see if that works.

Hope this helps!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by PcTestCard.com View Post
    I would suggest upgrade the BIOs and install the chipset driver again for your mainboard and reboot to take effect.
    Then reinstall the drivers for each card and reboot before adding the other card.

When upgrading the Bios, please make sure backup the Bios.
    If you do not want to flash the latest BIOS, simply reset the BIOs and see if that works.

Hope this helps!
    Bill
    Hey thanks, so far I've had to reinstall the smbus controller and they've been doing ok since. I still may get a different tv card. They are the same company and I was kinda think that the drivers were interfering with one another. Thanks for the idea.

It would also be worth monitoring temps on the gpu. Your case cooling and airflow may have been adequate for the older card but not for the newer, hotter card.

The other issue with a video card upgrade could be power. The new card will draw more; psu might be struggling.

Thumbs up

Hi layitlo,

You are welcomed!

Good luck on the other new card then.

Cheers!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by DanceMan View Post
    It would also be worth monitoring temps on the gpu. Your case cooling and airflow may have been adequate for the older card but not for the newer, hotter card.

The other issue with a video card upgrade could be power. The new card will draw more; psu might be struggling.
    Yeah I had thought about that. But the card has a fan on it and I've got 4 case fans running in my case. The power supply is a 600w and it's new. Thanks for the input. I did consider everything when the trouble started up.

Thread Information