Laptop GPu Overheat
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Laptop GPu Overheat

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1

    Laptop GPu Overheat

    I was using HP Dv9000. It has got a Nvidia 7600 go 256 mb.
    History:
    The graphics card one day got faulty and started giving horizontal lines at the bios level and windows was not booting and giving blue error screen. However I was able to logon to windows in safe mode.
    I'm positive that it got faulty because of overheating.
    Now, I am replacing the motherboard and as I opened the laptops, I found that there was no cooling gel sticking to the GPU chip or the heat sink of the chip.
    I want to know that If i put some gel at the new motherboards chip, will it be okay. I mean that can all chips support cooling gel. Are these gels conductors or non conductors of Electricity?
    Please I need a quick response as my laptop is still open.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arkham Asylum, Cell 13
    Posts
    3,369
    You should look into the nvidia gpu problem on the HP website:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...1087277&dlc=en

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •