Anyone knows when this card is out?
I heard to say that is in nov/dez 1999.
What i heard to is that TNT 2 is just a passage... the really card is the TNT 3.
I have a Viper 550, i think i will be waiting for that card (TNT 3), and donīt byu the TNT 2 yet.
What do you think???
Well, in 6 months there will always be a next something. That's the way the industry works. Get it when you need/can afford it, but if you wait till the next hot thing, you'll be waiting till you drop dead...
I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.
I know you are right Splatt, if we are waiting for the next we donīt enjoy nothing.
But my ideia is that the TNT 1 for the games that run today and the next months is excelent, so buy TNT 2 will be like a wast of money (remenber may be iīll buy, i donīt know), but will be better to save the money 6/7 months and buy the really card??
Last month nVida announced they work on new design of video board and they want to put chipset [subprocessor] directly on board eliminating bottleneck[buses]and taking some functions from CPU to accelerate performance.This is not just face lifting,it is revolution witch brakes Intel monopolly on architecture of PCs.Recent crop of video cards has up to 10 milion transistors - more than Pentium II core and they can't be fully used when power and speed of main unit falls behind.There are rumours that ATI is also working on this idea and by the end of the year we should get those new boards.Personally I advice everyone to wait until fall with upgrading anything becouse at that time we'll get also successor of BX chipset[Camino]and support to ATA66,AGP4 and faster memory or if 1000$ is just a change in your pocket go and buy anything what's showing up.
Quite the dilemna huh? I've always said this about new hardware purchasing. Buy the thing that's out now or wait for the new that's due out in a few months? It all depends really on 1) how much money you have burning your pocket and 2) are you happy with what you have?
I've read at a few websites that the TnT2 is a transitional product meant to tide everyone over until the next big release. The TnT2, so I've read, is really just a beefed up TnT with more memory, faster clock, so on and so forth. The new Nvidia chipset I think is going to be called the NV10 and is due out around the end of the year. As tempted as I am to buy a TnT2, I'm going to wait. Why? Because my current TnT card is running great and I don't have any complaints.
I'm not going to criticize anyone for buying a TnT2, fact is, I'd love to have one. But, like I said, my current card is running just great. You can always say "I'll wait for the next thing to pop up" but if you do, you'll never end up buying anything as I'm sure that by the time the NV10 comes out, the new next chipset will be announced for release a few months after that.........see the trend? At some point, you just have to draw a line and say "time to take the plunge".
Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz
Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 570 HD 2560MB
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
Corsair HX 620W
Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1
Tarrant, we think like you.
TNT 2 is a little upgrade from TNT 1, the great step is to came with NV10.
But as i said before i donīt know if i will buy a TNT 2, I am very happy with the Viper 550.
Letīs see if I am capable to wait(and save the money).
I reckon almost every graphics chip on the verge of being released now is only an incremental improvement, largely based on previous designs and all companies are gunning for something much better for the end of year.
So I would not recommend buying one of the newest cards unless you are positive that it will result in a big improvement over what you are using now with the software you use or are likely to use in the next six months.
It is rarely good advice to recommend paying a large premium for the latest hardware. The software and hardware often play catch-up with each other so timing does make a difference in cost and practicality.
Many people will foolishly advise to always pay for the "best" you can afford. Wrong! For example, I bought a Celeron 300A about six months ago which is re-clocked at 450 MHz. Until there is at least a 600MHz CPU available for less than $100, is is simply not worth "upgrading". And for most people it still won't be.
I also got one of of those "free" Stealth II S220's from buy.com. Again, what beats that? It will take a much better video card at a very good price to make it worth replacing. Recently, only the Elsa Winner II 32MB card for $50 seemed worth that gamble.
But that is only because I could list several specific things I would like a "better card for"...proper DVD support, no scrolling chirps with music, faster D3D for winamp plugins, games, possible tv in/out...&c.
To me it does not make sense to pay a huge premium just to get a few more FPS in a game, especially if will not be noticed!
However, there is also a trick to "upgrading", if that is something you do often anyway, and that is to buy the second "best" thing (second slowest CPU, or TNT2 versus TNT2 Ultra [after prices shake-out]), so you aren't paying the highest margin, and sell your old hardware while you can still get something for it.
I am still using the voodoo2 with a p2/350 and i do not see the need to upgrade... yeah i would love a tnt2/v3 and i can afford them but i refuse to get trapped in the must have deal.... the biggest thing i hate is coloured bars on bench graphs.... they make it look like a massive difference when really its not that great a gap, you really have to think why do you need these cards and try not to get into all the marketing hype.